Tomorrowland (Post-release)

re: Tomorrowland

From the Collider article.

"Sources tell Vulture that the title, 1952, is a reference to a banker’s box of files and documents that had been left in Walt Disney’s personal development lab. The box was originally used for 1965′s That Darn Cat, but that title had been crossed out and in its place was written “1952″. The contents of the box were documents and primary source materials that look like someone had been working on a project about alien contact. Additionally, "1952" could refer to the "Washington flap", where it seemed like seven UFOs appeared on radar at National Airport.

The most striking reveal in all of this is that the Walt Disney Company can’t afford to buy new banker’s boxes and simply reuses the ones it already has."

Lindelof tweeted the following earlier today.

https://twitter.com/DamonLindelof/status/294232751807266817
Damon Lindelof: The Box.

BBVTIP0CAAAv01u.jpg:large

That box alone is a piece of history. It'd be neat to see something about that UFO event if it isn't turned into a cheesy piece of crap.

Glad to hear that cinematographer Claudio Miranda (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Tron: Legacy, Life of Pi, Oblivion) will be shooting Brad Bird's film.

And it's interesting to know that Claudio Miranda was part of the crew (gaffer) on most of David Fincher's films.

George Clooney has now joined the cast.

Last edited:

Yeah I'm bailing out on this one just because of the people involved. I can't stand Clooney.

OMG this thread is exhausting! The second post and I was so hyped, then, no aliens and Clooney. :( What a ride. Who needs movies hahaha.

You gotta love how people blindly dislike a movie that hasn't been filmed yet and is something we know nothing about.

You gotta love how people blindly dislike a movie that hasn't been filmed yet and is something we know nothing about.

I fear Lindelof has earned any animosity you encounter here. Although I actually like Clooney, Lindelof will likely keep me away from this, too...

I fear Lindelof has earned any animosity you encounter here. Although I actually like Clooney, Lindelof will likely keep me away from this, too...
Part of the very successful Lost, Star Trek and Prometheus? While I didn't see all of them or even like all of them, the guy has what most would consider a successful track record - still even if you don't like what he's done, he wouldn't be the only one at fault. And it's not like he really has a ton of credit to his name even yet.

So no, the animosity is most definitely not been earned.

I think the thing I like the most about this project is Brad Bird... and the whole mysterious Disney angle has be intrigued as well.

its definitely earned. the guy cant write an ending if his life depended on it. he did the ending to lost, which was the worst pile of crap, that ive ever seen, he did the ending of prometheus, which was allmost as bad, and the ending of star trek wasnt good either.

all he does is write third acts, and those are allways terrible. if you have not seen the work he has done, how can you judge?

I think the thing I like the most about this project is Brad Bird... and the whole mysterious Disney angle has be intrigued as well.
Same here. Despite a single live-action movie under his belt, his track record is more than impressive.

The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (which was the best in the series after the first one).

So yeah I am in for this movie purely because of Brad Bird.

As for Lindelof, many like to go back to the finale of LOST to prove his poor writing skills. Sure it was not what I expected (in terms of answers), but for me it was still emotionally satisfying. Also I feel any amount of answers wouldn't have been enough for the audience. But I do understand why some feel the finale and last season situation felt like a cop out.

But just like the finale episode which was co-written by Lindelof, do people forget he also co-wrote some great LOST episodes? I'll just mention one. The Constant.

I will come to his defense every time someone disses the end of Lost. LOVED the end of LOST. To me it was remarkable. Emotional. And a truly wonderful ending.

I will come to his defense every time someone disses the end of Lost. LOVED the end of LOST. To me it was remarkable. Emotional. And a truly wonderful ending.
I'm the same way about Battlestar Galactica.

Haven't watched Lost yet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back