"The Bat" 50's Style Batman

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Drawing inspiration from Denis Medri's Greaser Batman art and member Joshspiderman23's awesome costume, I decided to give it a shot for Halloween.

I started off with making the helmet. I took a TDK adult mask and butchered it on a Halloween police helmet. I cut out some vintage bat wing looking ear/fins out of styrene. I also added a leather chin strap.

I also decided to make my own Batman symbol for the t-shirt. I'm also going with Chuck Taylors instead of boots. I kind of see this Batman as a member of the Outsiders (stay golden pony boy)

The pipe is just PVC pipe painted black then silver rub n buff applied. Also I wrapped the handle with medical tape and rubbed in some dirt. I may be adding some blood to it.

I'll post more of the coat with fins, belt, etc tomorrow.

Just an update with more pictures. I'm trying to decide if I want to cover the eyes on the mask with a dark lens, paint black around my eyes or keep it the way it is now.

I have those same pouches.. We used them for my brother's Merchant costume. Yugoslavian surplus, I believe.

Looks good so far!

I'm really liking this costume
love the concept of a 50's Batman

Just might have to give this costume a try myself

keep up the good work!

I thought this version (which I love, btw!) had aviator goggles of some type...I would think lenses or goggles would be the way to go. That way you can rest the goggles on your forehead when needed. Just my humble opinion! This looks awesome already too, in case I didn't say that...

Thanks for the input fellas! I was worried about not being able to see at the dim lit Halloween parties. So goggles are probably a good way to go.

Josh I was hoping you would chime in. You're costume is awesome, I wish mine was a fraction as cool as yours!

I like the way you attached the forearm points/spikes

The extra straps go well with the over all look

Thanks! I didn't want to permanently attach those gauntlets to a perfectly good leather jacket. They are a little smaller than I anticipated but they'll work.

Thanks! I didn't want to permanently attach those gauntlets to a perfectly good leather jacket. They are a little smaller than I anticipated but they'll work.

they look awesome

Im thinking when I tackle this costume I want to do a lot of buckles
so the gauntlets would be attached with straps that buckle up
same with the chin strap on the cowl

you and josh have inspired me!
sketching at work all day!

they look awesome

Im thinking when I tackle this costume I want to do a lot of buckles
so the gauntlets would be attached with straps that buckle up
same with the chin strap on the cowl

you and josh have inspired me!
sketching at work all day!

Awesome! It's a very cool concept. I'm thinking about diving into some other characters that Denis Medri has created.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back