Converting a Hasbro Stormtrooper Rifle - to a PLAYABLE version?

Macrossmaster

Hey all.

I am having a son, in just a few months. I have an X-wing helmet for him I am making more accurate, and today I bought the 2006? Hasbro E-11. Now of course I am repainting it, but here's the thing: I want it to look AND work exactly as the old 3 position laser rifle I played with.

Any tips on adding a folding stock to the rifle, and best of all, one that is durable enough to be USED in actual play? Other than paint, this is the only mod I am doing as I want it to be an updated version of the classic, hopefully almost indistinguishable from an original.

I know that doopydoos has a Hasbro blaster upgrade kit on ebay, a kit used by 501st too. Not sure if it is sturdy enough to drop it on ground for example, but you could ask on FISD.

Their stuff is all resin - what I was thinking is more "any ideas for a U shaped piece of metal I could get and cut down or convert" type. If I can find the U shaped piece, I can screw it together with other pieces, it's just that one thats a toughie.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back