Orange Hoverboard

BTTFSpencer

Sr Member
Hello to all that are interested. :)

I'm doing a little bit of research to build my own orange Hoverboard at the moment, so I thought I'd better start a thread for others that are also interested... I doubt that I am alone, there's gotta be a few other oddballs like myself out there that would like to build an orange Hoverboard too!

Anyway, moving on to the important stuff... here are the only known pictures of the orange board.

P75-1.jpg

One of the things I immediately noticed is that the "Hover Board" text is in blue on this board, which totally makes sense... orange and blue go well together in the toy universe, also of note... the velcro on the board is really strange. It's like grey but with a hint of green.

Of late I've been specifically trying to locate what was used for that mesh material on this board... the only thing close I've come to is mobile phone covers. :eek

If anyone has any ideas, let me know. I would really like to geek out about this board. It really hasn't gotten enough attention in the BTTF world! :popcorn

The paint job for the main body looks like it was sprayed orange first, and then blue was sprayed with a piece of that non-slip drawer mats that people were using for the 2015 jacket at an angle. Just a thought.

Can anybody change the color schemes of all of the pink board printouts that are floating around? I'm definitely not savvy enough

Ah, but the other Hoverboards also had lenticular did they not? :)

I'm putting my bet down on it being a material rather than a printed piece.

I absolutely agree. You can see clearly on the pictures, that it's made in the same way as the pink hero board. But with no lenticular material.

On the picture of the handle bar I'm missing the yellow color on the grip. You can see it in the movie. Also the handle bar itself in the movie appears more yellow than orange.

attachment.php

If there's interest, I could make decals for download of the orange board too.

If there's interest, I could make decals for download of the orange board too.

That would be unbelievably awesome!!!!! :love

I hope there will be enough interested in having an orange board... I think it would be really cool to have both Mattel's. And that one photo is enough to build a decent replica, if there was a photo of the bottom then we'd be set.

It has been thought that this was an original orange board... I am not so sure. But no other foot pad is decorated in this tan/yellow scheme, so at least the foot pad is probably from an orange board.... When I build mine I'm going to go with the same.

bttf2_mattel_USF.jpg

Last edited:
... It has been thought that this was an original orange board... I am not so sure. But no other foot pad is decorated in this tan/yellow scheme, so at least the foot pad is probably from an orange board....

This board has the same decal as the pink stunt board, so I think it's the stunt version of the orange board and they were just too lazy (or stingy) to make a new photo decal with the orange hero board design.

Yeah I think you're right. I can imagine someone needing the board on the go, so they grabbed a can of fluorescent orange and went to town.

This is just my opinion, but I think there is a strong chance that the magnet brackets were painted blue to go with the orange. In this glimpse I get the impression of a colour darker than orange, yellow or red...

Blue.png

However. The underneath looks yellow...

Weird.

That's very interesting..:love

Are those four small photos really the only known photos of the hero-ish orange board? Anyone know where they were taken? I find this board super cool. :D

-Carson

That's very interesting..:love

Are those four small photos really the only known photos of the hero-ish orange board? Anyone know where they were taken? I find this board super cool. :D

-Carson

Yes, they are the only ones that have been released. They were taken at some point that this board was on display at a Planet Hollywood... who knows where.

This is intriguing. And I thought I was well-versed in BTTF!

I just went and re-watched the hoverboard chase scene, and I didn't see the orange board at all (darn the luck) just the handlebars. Could've gotten you some caps, otherwise. Let me know if I missed it.

A quick Google Image Search for "orange hoverboard" turns up absolutely jack. Actually, it shows a Portugese (?) replica, but it's got the same graphics as the pink board, just with orange and yellow accents - not a true replica of the actual orange board.

-MJ

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back