Orange Hoverboard

... Would you mind if I edited your file to saturate the colors more deeply? ...

I've tried to match the colors from the picture in post #1 as close as possible. If you think you can improve it, feel free to change whatever you want. ;)

I've tried to match the colors from the picture in post #1 as close as possible. If you think you can improve it, feel free to change whatever you want. ;)

Thanks, I'm doing the same, the only difference is that I've done some exposure corrections on the only reference image we have since the colors seem a bit blown out to my eye.

I'm also adjusting the spacing between "Hover" and "Board" looking at the original image, they're a bit closer together. Additionally, I've changes the dot pattern a bit.

When I release this file, I'll keep your credit intact since I couldn't have gotten this far this fast without your awesome work.

-Nick

... I'm also adjusting the spacing between "Hover" and "Board" looking at the original image, they're a bit closer together. Additionally, I've changes the dot pattern a bit.

Yes, you're right. The words are a bit closer together. But such details weren't so important to me, since it's different on each Hoverboard. I just wanted to have an exact copy of my pink hero board, just with changed colors and background. But as I said: feel free to do your changes.

... When I release this file, I'll keep your credit intact since I couldn't have gotten this far this fast without your awesome work.

Thanks. But you can add some additional information about your alterations, so the people can better distinguish between the different file versions.

Okay, working through this thing piece by piece, using the limited reference materials we have, here's where my version (Above) stands now compared with Roland's File (below)...

attachment.php

What do you guys think?

-Nick

Well, I got some good momentum going, so now the FoxLand (A combination of "Nick Fox" and "Roland") decal is mostly done. There are a few little tweaks before I release this (I just want it to look perfect. But here are a list of some of the changes I've made:

-Saturated the colors more to represent a more neutrally exposed/less worn board color.
-Changed the angle and the size of the rear vermillion stripes on the top of the board to match the Planet Hollywood board.
-Changed the size of the rear mint green corner stripe to match the Planet Hollywood board.
-Changed the layer order so the rear corner stripe overlaps the nearest vermillion stripe
-Adjusted the size, positioning, and rotation of the Mattel logos to better reflect the Planet Hollywood board.
-Resized the logo stripes
-Changed the logo stripe placement
-Reworked the Hover Board logo to align it with the direction of the board and eliminate overlaps.
-Created a new "Dot Pattern" and aligned it to within 1.5 degrees of the pattern on the Planet Hollywood board.
-And some things I've probably forgotten. :lol

So here's a shot of the 99% completed decal:

attachment.php

And here it is with the Planet Hollywood shots overlaid over it (As best as I could, but the distortion was fairly extreme in some shots) :

attachment.php

I still have to correct the logo color (on the "Hover Board" text) and still might play around with the Mattel and Hover Board logos a bit, I'm not 100% happy with them yet.

-Nick

Guys, you can discuss about the really really real material, which was used for the background, or you can simply download and print this one: ;)

http://www.therpf.com/f40/back-future-67267/index56.html#post2544715

Preview:

back-future-preview5.png-121441d1351027800

I didn't think you were working on these, how cool! You sure did make them quick!

Thank you very much for sharing these with us. I'll just print those out when I build my orange board. :love

TheNickFox: Awesome job on tweaking them too!

Really nice work! I think you did a great job of taking Roland's start and mading a great looking board out of that horrendous starting image.

TheNickFox: Awesome job on tweaking them too!

Thanks, guys. I just posted the download link in the thread Roland linked to earlier. So now not only do we have a single option for Orange Boards...we have TWO options!

Here's a shot of the final version, with tons of minor tweaks since my last post (So they probably won't even be visible :lol) :

back-future-screen-shot-2012-10-23-11.48.20-pm.png-121508d1351050545

-Nick

What do you guys think of this as a magnet color scheme? I was just playing with ideas and felt this one felt very true to the universe.

attachment.php

Thoughts/Suggestions?

-Nick

Holy crap!! I would love to get a printable version of these top and bottom designs

The magnet colour scheme looks perfect

Will these be made printable on A3 like Roland's Marty board designs were? If so, I will get cracking on making an orange board straight away

Are the Velcro colors orange and blue?

The velcro is green...it's hard to tell if the orange stripes have velcro or not. If they do, it would be a deep orange.

They may have used the same green that they used on the pink boards for this one, but the limited amount of reference we have makes it difficult to tell.

-Nick

I think blue magnet holders, maybe yellow battery box... or orange. But that's me.

Yellow for the battery just looked weak to me, but here's your concept with an orange battery:

attachment.php

Not bad. The magnets are going to be a matter of personal preference, and it seems we're going to have a few different color combinations available to us.

-Nick

Well done, Nick! :)

I really like the saturated colors of your strips and all the corrections you made. Only the background color is too much orange for my taste. I rather want it more yellowish to better match the handle bars as they appear in the movie.

orange-hoverboard-hoverboard_handlebars_05.jpg-119332d1350363759

... Will these be made printable on A3 like Roland's Marty board designs were? If so, I will get cracking on making an orange board straight away ...

Unfortunately no. It's too much effort and I have a lot of other more important BTTF stuff to do. Sorry. But maybe Nick wants to offer a splitted version of his work for smaller sheets?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back