NASA Apollo Program Mission Control Desk....for a desk project.

Mr Webber

Master Member
So I need to have a small desk as im sick of using the coffee table, inspired by SofaKing`s odyssey and a recent viewing of "When we left earth", thought it would be cool to make it a NASA desk.

The hard part will obviously be tracking down as much of the original style instrumentation as possible but as SofaKing has shown, theres nothing that cant be replicated when it comes to that sort of thing. This will be great as a desk but will also serve as a display stand for all my Apollo 13 stuff, will have to get a special perspex box made up to cover it. Hope to replace the monitor with a working TV and also hope to find a suitable era lamp for it as well. Cant wait for summer and a little CAPCOM plaque.

View attachment 118407 View attachment 118408 View attachment 118409 View attachment 118410

Thanks tripoli, have found a couple of interesting bits for it and been put on a guy who has a stash of old TV control desks in storage, if he wont part with anything, I will at least get some great reference pics.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back