Vader trooping/appeareances

I use a very sturdy hard-side plastic rubbermade contianer - WITH WHEELS. I was advised to do this whne buying and have been thankful I did.

$39 from a Store-It-All type shop. I think they're mostly marketed for camping.

I just wore the whole custom but the helmet, while driving it's a bit hard in a mustang tho... :wacko but then you step out the car pop on the helmet then your good to go
then when people ask you "whats vader doing in a car" you say the tie fighter is down and the empire couldn't rent me a viper :(

Originally posted by GundamZeppelin@Dec 4 2005, 03:01 PM
I just wore the whole custom but the helmet, while driving it's a bit hard in a mustang tho... :wacko but then you step out the car pop on the helmet then your good to go
then when people ask you "whats vader doing in a car" you say the tie fighter is down and the empire couldn't rent me a viper  :(
[snapback]1128297[/snapback]​
:lol

Originally posted by wackychimp@Dec 2 2005, 03:33 PM
I use a very sturdy hard-side plastic rubbermade contianer - WITH WHEELS.  I was advised to do this whne buying and have been thankful I did.

$39 from a Store-It-All type shop.  I think they're mostly marketed for camping.
[snapback]1127009[/snapback]​

Got any pics Chimp?

Thanks for all of the very complimentary replies. :D

I just did a Make-A-Wish event on Saturday, and once again my case didn't let me down. I feel like a "rock star" wheeling that thing into an event. B) People just stare at me... :eek :lol

DSCF0059b.jpg

I've got a friend with a Vader, and he actually uses *2* bins - one for the soft parts, and one for the hard parts. Seems like a pain to me. Doesn't seem like that large of a costume... Suit and capes, boots, gloves, shins, chest and belt boxes, collar/shoulder armor, and helmet... Unless (and I probably am) forgetting some very large pieces? It's all about stacking. Of course, I'm a whiz at Tetris, so I may have an unfair advantage when it comes to arranging things into tight spaces. :lol

Good luck with your search for a case. Sometimes you'll find just what you need in the unlikeliest of places. :thumbsup

Excellent ideas everyone. Yes, us Vaders need a bigger bin. I also, use two bins. One for the helmet and thye lerger one (tupoperware with wheels) for everything else.

Used to be in the SCA and fought with metal armor and helm. If you think that Vader is difficult to pack you should see us medieval fighters packing. Most all of us would be sitting in front of pavillions and arming tents with all the medieval trappings watching the tournement with these plastic rolling bins beside us. :lol

They should work just fine.

i did an appearance the other day and just had to use my rubies box as i have not had the chance yet to get anything, but there is loads of good ideas coming in. i have seen some of the storage boxes at out local DIY store but money is not allowing me at the mo. I may actually have a go at making one out of MDF board, i can customise it then.

i use a large regular suitcase for everything bar the lid for which i use a soft padded 14" snare drum bag, works for me and it all cost me £60 ($100)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back