Captain Nemo in diving suit

vismus

This was not an easy build as my resin kit had many flaws.
Detail was not sharp and there were lots of pock marks and holes in my casting.
Lastly, whatever Dimensional Designs uses for mold release, it was wash and thinner proof. Had to sand all of the parts.

Still, he's pretty cool. Build is 75% done. Still have touch-up and underwater rifle to do.

Tommie

That's neat!:thumbsup

When I read the thread title, the first thing I thought of was the giant sea shell he wore for oxygen, when he emerged from the water in whatever movie that was...I thought that was cool!

That was "Mysterious Island".
The dive suit I built was from "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea".
Have always felt that Ray Harryhausen's " Mysterious Island" short changed both the Nautilus and the dive suits.
20,000 Leagues was a huge budget film and it shows. The original designs and sets were fantastic. (IMO)

Tommie

Cool figure, and nice job cleaning it up.

I read somewhere that Mysterious Island was meant to be a sequel to the Disney film, they even wanted James Mason to return to the role as Nemo. But they couldn't get the rights (or couldn't afford it) so they had to do their own designs.

The finished Nemo:

Again, a tough little kit to do and once was enough.
OTOH: I've done roughly 6 31" Brodeen Nautili and have several more still in boxes. Guess you could say that's nuts!

Tommie

Neat kit.
I've seen something similar a few years ago.

I hope you didn't use rubber bands or latex for the straps on the front.
They will decompose quickly, especially rubber bands.
Better to use lead foil or masking tape.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back