Star Trek: The Next Generation--Unseen

"Intriguing" as Data might say ;)

this is a really remarkable find and i really cant wait to read and see more, thans for posting this and sharing with everyone

Last edited:
8072984764_9ce9173ce6_b.jpg

This stuff is very cool, and I loved this design for the 1701-K... until about two minutes into studying it, I had the thought that if it flew backward it would resemble the Millennium Falcon.

With that came the realization that someone in charge of the money would have probably had the same thought and quashed the design for that sole reason.

Alex

Fantastic thread, not sure how I missed it. Added to favs! And thanks for sharing all this awesome info

We've gotten hold of the man originally hired to make the study models and creature maquettes for Apotheosis. According to him, the studio never settled their tab, but we've induced him to finish a few things for us.

8654121506_21cd448912_b.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to see/hear more about this!

P.S. JJ likes lens flares so much, even the lens flares have their own lens flares.

A couple of recent finds I thought I'd share:

First we have a preparatory drawing on vellum of the sublunar colony "Khonsu 7," which does not appear in the final draft.

9095934452_58937621ef_b.jpg

Click here for a big version.

And then a study model of one of the cobbled-together lunar habitats, described thus in an early treatment:

9093707945_a959353ce3_o.png

Capulet Vetro’s home is a disused fuel tank that hangs with countless others in a motley honeycomb, all bolted to a lava stalactite. A shantytown known with some forced irony as a STALAG.

I look forward to seeing more of this. It would be very cool to see the New Voyages produce these (modified for TOS of course if the script is malleable enough).

Please correct me if I'm wrong... but (Dan Curry's storyboards aside) - this is sounding like an effort by the studio, with no input or supervision by the actual production team, to do something with Trek in the event it became necessary to cancel the show... Is that right? Considering the age of this thread - there aren't very many details contained within regarding how this came about. Was this supposed to be a capper to the series and springboard it into some other direction for some other concept entirely? Considering the time period it was being done in - Gene's health would have been getting worse... he was constantly fighting with the studio about not only their handling of all aspects of TNG - but he was absolutely livid over the Star Trek V production and was having meetings with Mancuso about it... Was this all an attempt at the time to end run around Gene and create something of their own much like they tried before gene came on to do TNG... I guess I'm just impatient waiting for answers...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back