Bond, James Bond, daniel craig silicone bust. new head 30/03 last page

This may be a noob question since I work with mostly oil based clay, but HOW!?
I can't go thirty minutes without that crap drying out on me, what am I doing wrong? Is it just perhaps the Florida heat?

I ask because wet or wed clay or whatever is a whole lot easier to use than oil based. I have to use a damn heat gun to change any details, lol.

I guess its just practice. it is a very different process than using oil or wax based clays.

also, my armature is just a pole so the sculpture is solid clay so plenty there to retain the moisture

Incredible. I loved the first one but this one is somehow even more amazing. I think the skin tones on the second one work just a tad better than the first. My mind is blown.

I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind.

First of all, once you've made the silicone cast, do you fill it with expanding foam after? Also, how do you go about adding the eyes to something like this? (I am going to start attempting my first sculpt soon-ish and it will be latex instead of silicone, I think, and am researching my butt off!) Thanks!

Amazing work!

Well... I already didn't know what to say about the first one! And now you show us this new one. Just great.
What an artist you are. How is it possible that human hands can achive this level of likeness. AMAZING!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back