Bond, James Bond, daniel craig silicone bust. new head 30/03 last page

Re: Bond, James Bond, daniel craig silicone bust SCULPT FINISHED

i havent really had chance to work out the details yet but keep an eye out on facebook (my company is called RMFX)

I dont have facebook soz (im one of about 100 people in the world who doesnt, ha) will you post it on here when you decide the details? i would deffo want to do it. or will you post it on your website? i could look there if you will.

Love this! Every piece of yours I see, just blows me away.

Congrats Rich and your lucky customer.

I dont have facebook soz (im one of about 100 people in the world who doesnt, ha) will you post it on here when you decide the details? i would deffo want to do it. or will you post it on your website? i could look there if you will.

dont worry ill be advertising is EVERYWHERE!!!

got started on the mould today. I have had loads of people as how i make my moulds so i thought id just post this picture to explain

mouldprogress.jpg

Wow, that is an awesome likeness and I love the look of the mould too very neat and clean. Looking forward to seeing him finished. Excellent work.

They should record the course you're facilitating and put it to dvd. :thumbsup

Thanks for illustrating your process for us on this great bust.

Always like seeing how other folks make their molds. Thanks for the pics!

No worries, ill post some pics of the finished mould late but for now, here is bust after I removed the mould. Came out quite intact.

2EFBC67F-ADE7-48E2-863D-2B75595BA0A1-2693-000002C7CBEE704A.jpg

Very COOL!!

Are you using any gell coat layer to capture surface detail or are you going right to laminating resin and "tissue" matte for your first layer?

I'm hoping to do a silicone skin but my first encounter with platinum silicone was a disaster!

Polytek said that fiberglass resin "may" inhibit the silicone but it certainly works for you and others. I would love to be able to use it if I can.

Are display heads usually made with brushed in silicone skin and foam filled or injected with a core to the mold?

Thanks in advace for any advice but feel free to tell me to get lost!

All the best,
Chuck...

Very COOL!!

Are you using any gell coat layer to capture surface detail or are you going right to laminating resin and "tissue" matte for your first layer?

I'm hoping to do a silicone skin but my first encounter with platinum silicone was a disaster!

Polytek said that fiberglass resin "may" inhibit the silicone but it certainly works for you and others. I would love to be able to use it if I can.

Are display heads usually made with brushed in silicone skin and foam filled or injected with a core to the mold?

Thanks in advace for any advice but feel free to tell me to get lost!

All the best,
Chuck...

Chuck, get lost.......only kidding.

I use a gel coat first otherwise you would get the fiberglass texture showing through. When glassing over a wet clay sculpt, I do a really " hot mix" for the gel so the moisture doesn't inhibit the resin, then it's just normal fiberglassing.

It's the styrene in the resin that inhibits plat silicone. The styrene will disapate over time anyway so it's only fresh moulds that should inhibit silicone. You can bake the mould to expedite the process if you don't want to wait.
That said, it also depends what silicone you use. The polytek ones are great but I have had real issues with smooth on plats in fiberglass moulds. The rule is the quicker the cure time, the less chance of inhibition.

I think brush in or core and pour is just a preference of the artist. I do both but prefer to core and pour.

If you want to go into it in greater detail, by all means send me a message and I'm sure we could suss out you problems.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!!! :) :)

Fettster , I appreciate that information so much!!
I feel much more confident in proceeding now.
I'll take you up on the offer if I get stuck again.

Thanks so much for sharing your expertise!!
All the best,
Chuck...

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!!! :) :)

Fettster , I appreciate that information so much!!
I feel much more confident in proceeding now.
I'll take you up on the offer if I get stuck again.

Thanks so much for sharing your expertise!!
All the best,
Chuck...

no worries mate, its what this forum is all about:)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back