James Cameron's Deepsea Challenger Submarine Model

Stumbled across this tonight-
http://jackiechan.com/blog/2013/10/20/meeting-james-cameron/

james-cameron-04.jpgjames-cameron-05.jpg

Man, what are the odds. The one carrying the Challenger at that. I hope the damage doesn't compromise the integrity of the hull at some undetectable section.

I still want to tackle this project oine day.

In the meantime here's the ship's main builder, Ron Allum, with his personal model of the ship-

10501790_n.jpg6977290-1x1-700x700.jpg11231147_n.jpg

I've finally come back to this thread, can't believe it's been 10 years! I'm interested in starting up this model project again. Have to confess I got the 4K disc of "The Abyss" and that got me back into thinking about this project. So what happened...10 years ago it was too cost prohibitive to 3D print the model I had made, so I ended up abandoning the project. Funny thing though, I went through a period shortly after where I did have money to do this project but I was distracted by other things of course. Now I've come back around again but don't have the funds (irony), but it is cheaper now to print the model. Also doing it now might look better given the improvements in materials/resolution of printing these days. So started saving up, hope to finish this year for real. Just curious if anyone else on here was able to do theirs?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back