DREDD + judge PREDD.

Re: DREDD

Well i will not be going to SDCC, its doubtful i will get to go to Dragoncon with the room situation.

anyway chest armour mould came out well i think, sadly i forgot to order the filler for this resin to make it brushable , so another few days before i can pour any grrrrr.

anyway heres the moulds.

chestmould.jpg

It catched all the details, wow, what silicone you used? Is it brushable? Looks similar to the one i used but without bubbles :)

Well success i think lol. it maaaaaaaaaybe needs to be a tad darker im not sure to be honest and would like some feedback, this stuff now its finally cured is awesome, and the thickso will make it much easier to work with.

db1.jpg

db2.jpg

they look prety bang on awesome!
Shade looks good too from the photos, I guess they'd not be totally black black anyway due to weathering and dust/road dirt etc..

2257714_f6d2233e.jpg

They are not as black as the photos make them look i promise, the flash makes them look blacker lol.

but thank you for the feedback.

Quick video to show how the armour flexes, and how snug my badge fits in. sorry the quality is not the best, its kinda hard to hold the camera steady with one hand and show the armour with the other lol.

DREDD Armour - YouTube

Last edited:

Thanks Gino :)

FINALLY back on this, the right ab section is basically blocked out, and i just need to sort out some symetry with the finished one, i also noticed the angle of the support board is different , so i need to correct that so they are both the same. some hot glue will sort that, then i can detail it up tomorrow and hopefully pour silicone before i go back on nights monday.

dreddabs1.jpg

its about 90% done i guess, ended up using plastikote for the black, and volkswagon tornado red for the red, then i mixed by own different shades using faskolor red and brown.

top coat was clear gloss laquer and then matt in places, i think it needs more matt if i am honest and i need to tweak some areas.

3 pics of the lid, one close up of the damage, and 1 of the foam, i wrapped the foam in the same material as the underjacket for the chest armour, i thought it gave a nice effect.

anyhooooo pics.

dreddlida.jpg

dreddlidb.jpg

dreddlidc.jpg

dreddlidd.jpg

dreddlide.jpg

nice job and you've answered a few questions for me paintjob wise into the bargain cheers!

did you cut out with the templates and add the different respirator badge?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back