wip--lukes macrobinocular kit UPDATE!! 1ST BUILD IS DONE, UPDATE ON 1ST POST

so now that we have to correct box, I would like to point out the screws and nuts in this pic.
I think this is pos. proof.

View attachment 779644 View attachment 779643

There seem to be a good amount of people (myself included) that believe there is likely a third male plug out there that has more accurate metal release clips than either the HRS or Honda plugs, so I don't know if we can quite say that we've found the 100% accurate male clip, but it's definitely at least close enough to make me happy.

Now ... is it possible that since you've found a third manufacturer for the female piece, that they also manufactured a male connector, and that if we could find that, it may have the accurate release clamp?

What's up with that circuit board on the leads in your photo? Something you mocked up, or did that come off of the monitor you took the female piece from?

i thought this also, but im thinking, like the seagul knob, we are looking at a distorted pic. but anything is possible.

the circuit board piece is made from an old board.
my pic also confirmes which of the two eumig servomatics that was used, the one in my hand in NOT the correct version. but i have a few others that are :)

There seem to be a good amount of people (myself included) that believe there is likely a third male plug out there that has more accurate metal release clips than either the HRS or Honda plugs, so I don't know if we can quite say that we've found the 100% accurate male clip, but it's definitely at least close enough to make me happy.

Now ... is it possible that since you've found a third manufacturer for the female piece, that they also manufactured a male connector, and that if we could find that, it may have the accurate release clamp?

What's up with that circuit board on the leads in your photo? Something you mocked up, or did that come off of the monitor you took the female piece from?

Last edited:
i thought this also, but im thinking, like the seagul knob, we are looking at a distorted pic. but it is possible.
the circuit board i made from some old boards.
my pic also confirmes which of the two eumig servomatics that was used, the one in my hand in NOT the correct version. but i have a few others that are :)

Interesting, would you mind posting a photo that compares the two Eumig bodies and indicates the correct one some time when you get a chance? Interested to see which I have!

i made that post o your thread, a couple weeks back, but it had no interest lol

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=283006&page=9 post 223

from what i can see in the b&w pic, it is the servomatic on the right

picture.jpg

Last edited:
i made that post o your thread, a couple weeks back, but it had no interest lol

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=283006&page=9 post 223

from what i can see in the b&w pic, it is the servomatic on the right

View attachment 779917

I remember now, I think forgot about it among all the mystery box comotion. Good find, and thanks for posting this again! Looks like I have the version on the right.

While looking at the black and white photo below, something caught my eye. Is the lens plate mounted upside down? Luke is obviously holding the binocs upside down like he is in the famous color photo, as the mystery box is on the left side of the camera, but it seems like the step in the lens plate is still on the bottom, where I've circled. This is supported by the fact that I can't see a step anywhere else on the plate. Thoughts? Is this common knowledge, or am I just looking at it wrong?

Luke-binocs_chop edit.jpg

ive seen a couple people mount the lens plate upside down. the step should match the step in the case halves.
I think people are getting confused since luke uses the macro upside done one time and the opposite another time. look for the direction of the hood

hood viewer down hood viewer up

Screen shot b&w.pnglukeheromacros[1].jpg

IMG_4606.JPG

I remember now, I think forgot about it among all the mystery box comotion. Good find, and thanks for posting this again! Looks like I have the version on the right.

While looking at the black and white photo below, something caught my eye. Is the lens plate mounted upside down? Luke is obviously holding the binocs upside down like he is in the famous color photo, as the mystery box is on the left side of the camera, but it seems like the step in the lens plate is still on the bottom, where I've circled. This is supported by the fact that I can't see a step anywhere else on the plate. Thoughts? Is this common knowledge, or am I just looking at it wrong?

View attachment 779922

Those look GREAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you !

IMG_4690.JPG

the solder pins are 2mm wide by .7mm thick , the base of the pins are reduced to less half the size. which is ok for the metal but very thin and very week for the resin

I'm trying to find something metal in the size, any help would be great, I'm turning up a big 0
if I cant find something in metal I will use styrene strips.

Last edited:
HOLLY COW !! im getting pounded with emails asking to sell my connector. im sorry guys i dont have any to sell. these auctions were won with multiple people involved. none are for sale that im aware of .

just so every one knows, i am going to be making new molds, i just figuring out how i want the molds done for easier casting.
im going to try and stay with the $180 for the set like the last ones. these will be functional/telescoping lens .
i will be casting the glass separately in case some one wants to use formed plastic instead of the clear resin glass lens. the last ones the user had to dremel out the whole casting.
i will post pics of the parts later.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back