wip--lukes macrobinocular kit UPDATE!! 1ST BUILD IS DONE, UPDATE ON 1ST POST

Perfect Resize couldn't do much w/ it:
Luke Tatooine continuity 1a copy.png

You are the macro master. Rotating the back ring did it. I was also able to pull out that inner lens so I'll have no problem getting EL sheet in there.

What are you doing for the side Kalimar knobs and the tiny screws? I see four options.

1) drill three tiny holes which will be a PITA.
2) enlarge the main hole enough so the screws fit and glue the knob and screws
3) grind off the threads so that just the screw heads are left and glue the knob and screws
4) mount the knobs with no screws which would be ugly IMHO

option 4.
only because I really doubt the prop guys took the time to screw ( yep I said it ) with small screws that would never be seen :)

Lol! I just don't know if I can bring myself to mount them like that. I've already threaded the screws in the transition box...

Progress:

Say goodbye to the white letters. Killing me to paint these lenses.
mac7.jpg

Mystery box with your repro plate bolted to the Eumig. I managed to find longer screws that were a perfect fit at ACE Hardware. I just reversed the metal plate to mark the hole positions and left it off of the backside of the plug. (I have an extra one of these metal plugs with trooper's repro parts (minus the female plug) if anyone is interested)
mac6.jpg

wow! that's my repro plate ?? what color green did you use, it looks spot on !!! nice work man :D
Lol! I just don't know if I can bring myself to mount them like that. I've already threaded the screws in the transition box...

Progress:

Say goodbye to the white letters. Killing me to paint these lenses.
http://www.heycomputer.com/mac7.jpg

Mystery box with your repro plate bolted to the Eumig. I managed to find longer screws that were a perfect fit at ACE Hardware. I just reversed the metal plate to mark the hole positions and left it off of the backside of the plug. (I have an extra one of these metal plugs with trooper's repro parts (minus the female plug) if anyone is interested)
http://www.heycomputer.com/mac6.jpg

Sorry if I missed it, but are you saying the circuit board from the Ibanez is green?

I've seen:
tan board (light tan edge once cut)
pale green (light green edge once cut)
modern red, yellow, blue, purple etc.

If it is green, I'd think the edge would be light green as the phenolic is a different color edge on.

no sir, talking about the green tab on the resin plate i make :)

Sorry if I missed it, but are you saying the circuit board from the Ibanez is green?

I've seen:
tan board (light tan edge once cut)
pale green (light green edge once cut)
modern red, yellow, blue, purple etc.

If it is green, I'd think the edge would be light green as the phenolic is a different color edge on.

just so every one knows, I'm still making the kalimar lenses, these function even better than the last run I did several years ago.
ive had many orders for these and I'm casting as fast as I can go, these are about 2-3 weeks out for a set.

this lens set is going to @Vaderman

enjoy :)

IMG_5448.JPG IMG_5449.JPG IMG_5447.JPG IMG_5446.JPG

IMG_5444.JPG IMG_5445.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back