wip--lukes macrobinocular kit UPDATE!! 1ST BUILD IS DONE, UPDATE ON 1ST POST

Re: wip--lukes macrobinocular kit

i need to make the piece for the front and then the side box is finished.
next is the transition side box

the printed media should be here next week.

updates on first page for remaining parts to be made. the only thing left is the belt clip, just waiting on a bid for water jetting them.

IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1486.JPG

Last edited:

i need to make the piece for the front and then the side box is finished.
next is the transition side box

the printed media should be here next week.

updates on first page for remaining parts to be made. the only thing left is the belt clip, just waiting on a bid for water jetting them.

View attachment 183482
View attachment 183483

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.

Excellent work

got the printed media today, it looks fantastic !!!!
i tried to capture how it reflects. it looks just like the original stuff
the edges will ne a little sanding to finish them off, im thinking of dipping the large plae in future to give it the gloss look like the original piece has.

now that i have everything, less the belt clip, i will finish the build and post pics, then the for sale thread in the j/y :) :)

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

well here is some updated pics of the build.
the lens' are assembled and painted as close to the color on screen as i can get.
i drilled a hole and put in a magnet on the eumig body, then glued another one on the lid. it closes very solid with the streangth of the magnets.
i need to finish the side boxes, make molds and cast resin parts so i can add them to the kit list and this build.
belt clips are comming in soon.
next i need to assemble the hood with all it's parts and then paint.

then i will finish off by adding the knobs.

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

from the available pics, this is the best I can do.
so these little guys are done, now it's time for them to take a bath......in silicone that is :)

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

New to the forums, and found it by researching the Macros so I could make one for myself; a childhood dream prop. Disheartened to hear about the cost of Kalimars and the Kaligar lenses. (What have I got myself into?!) These would be great as I have the Eumig, the B&H, and most of the other required parts.

How would I sign up for some of your lenses? I can say I've been interested in your castings since 1977.

EDIT: I want "...the head, the tail, the whoooooooole damned thing!". How to buy, trooper?! How and when, sir. Glorious work! I must be patient.

Last edited:

just a heads up for all those who have shown an interest in getting a kit.

all the molds and parts are done. I have two kits to complete for the guys who have been a huge help in this project.
I am finishing up the first build to show a complete kit. then I will put up a for sale thread in the J/Y for the first five kits.

if you have questions or need parts to complete your build, just pm me, im glad to help.

finishing up on the hood, paint was just applied, tomorrow i'll spray some future on it to give it some gloss, then flat black the inside.

IMG_1514.JPG

hood parts have been painted, rubbed and buffed to a beautiful shine :cool
next I need to paint the insides flat black, then assembly of the hood, add it to the maco....then im done with this one :)

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back