wip--lukes macrobinocular kit UPDATE!! 1ST BUILD IS DONE, UPDATE ON 1ST POST

Re: wip--lukes macrobinocular kit

The part of the Kalimar viewer with the writing would be painted black on the prop, so you'll never see the letters. Isn't it stamped into the metal anyway?

Also, if you want white waterslide decals, you are in for a disappointment. Inkjet printers won't print white ink. I need the exact same thing for another project I'm working on.

The part of the Kalimar viewer with the writing would be painted black on the prop, so you'll never see the letters. Isn't it stamped into the metal anyway?

Also, if you want white waterslide decals, you are in for a disappointment. Inkjet printers won't print white ink. I need the exact same thing for another project I'm working on.

Large format printers can print white ink. Print onto clear vinyl (we do it at work all the time) and you're golden.

-Ss

the metal parts are black anodized sheet metal, so thats not white, it's shiny metal :) so on a water slide it would be clear.

that part will hopefully have the logo engraved still.

Last edited:

another update to show what i have so far for the eumig, i did a very quick build up

***********reloading the video, it was all messed up****************

Last edited:

OK, so here is a quick video to show off what i have so far. you may notice that there is a couple areas that have bubbles in the plastic, you will not get parts like this, those areas in the molds have been addressed. it is a quick throw together kit of some of the first pulls i made. so far im very happy with it.

0 24 - YouTube

the parts being worked on right now or the printed parts and the hood,
my buddy chance is working on the printed parts while another member will be working on getting the hood parts laser cut, i have not mentioned his name, if he wants to come public i will leave that to him :)

the other parts needed to be made are as follows--
1) lens plate
2) replicate the side box
3) metal belt clip
4) recast vinyl for the hood detail
5) printed sheet metal
6) pieces for the hood......being worked on

and that should be it :)

Last edited:

im going to get as many screen pics as i can to use as a reference and do the best i can.
ive seen all that are on this site, but im looking around for any others

Awesome, I am on the hunt as well, I'll keep an eye out, and check in here.
Thanks,
AL

the other parts needed to be made are as follows--
1) lens plate
2) replicate the side box
3) metal belt clip
4) recast vinyl for the hood detail --- done :)
5) printed sheet metal
6) pieces for the hood......being worked on

i spoke with chance today, he found a place that will print onto aluminum and cut it afterwords on the same print table. depending on the cost, i might be done with that part :D finally !

Last edited:

got an update on the printed parts, he says he wants to tweek them a little more, i think they look great !

Re: wip--lukes macrobinocular kit PIC HEAVY !!!!!!

Yes you should...lol
Do you say these were model tester kit paints?
G-man

well, i did it again.... i hit the color for the lens' dead on on the second try, first mix was to light ,i added more black, and there it was, i started with a clean bottle and used a scale to make sure i was correct, yep :) it's another 50/50 mix, i used gloss black fs17038 or mm# 1747 and dark gray fs36176 or mm#2036. it usually takes me a while to get the color im looking for, but these two colors were to easy :)
what do you guys think ??

now, keep in mind the kalimar 660 body is lighter in color than the lens

i think im going to buy a lottery ticket now :lol

yes, they are model master testor paints. you can take those #'s to your local hobby shop and they should be able to help you out :)

Testors has white decal paper available
Testors » Accessories » Decals » Decal Paper - White

You'll need to trim to the exact size/shape when you apply it, but if its an easy shape (rectangle or square) that shouldn't be a problem.

thanks guys
my friend has everything done and ready for the printer now were just shopping price. the images are printed on brushed aluminium vinyl and then a clear sheat is overlayed on that, then its laminated to 020 styrene. it came out perfect IMO.

Wow that looks very impressive! I was thinking of getting this toy playset for my Macrobinocular needs but part of me suspects this toy is too small. I found some pics below of a guy holding the toy, would you say yours is bigger than this toy?

images

2Q==
Binoculars.jpg

2Q==

images

looks about the same size, but in no way accurate at all. but im sure for the price its a cheap way out for a costume :)

just recieved some new pics from the person working on laser cutting the hood pieces. im very excited by what he has done, these look fantastic !

:thumbsup

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

a huge thanks to blastmaster for letting me mold his lens plate for the kit, he did a wondeful job on it. here are some pics of the plate.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back