wip--lukes macrobinocular kit UPDATE!! 1ST BUILD IS DONE, UPDATE ON 1ST POST

Re: wip--lukes macrobinocular kit PIC HEAVY !!!!!!

one of the things im going to do in this thread is identify the colors of the parts for painting purposes.
the servomatic face plate, is a PERFECT match for light ghost grey fs #36375
if you look where the pen is pointing, i brushed some light ghost grey on the bare aluminum and it matches right up to the body paint.

The Eumig you are using. Is it the same as used for Luke's Macros???

You mentioned $5 but I could not find any near that?

Are you gonna cast the Eumig as well???

yes im using the same camera as they used in the movie which is a eumig servomatic, which is very hard to find, but there not that expensive, this one sold for less than $50

Vtg 50s 60s Eumig Servomatic 8 mm Movie Film Camera Brass Tripod Star Wars Prop | eBay

but there just hard to find.
so when i was figuring out just what i wanted to do in this kit, i decided to make several separate parts that can be added onto a eumig electric, which is the same main body. the only difference is the battery cover and the front/face plate, other than that it's the same casting.

i just got this one, there was one a couple weeks ago that went for under $2. just wait, keep looking, there out there, some sellers are just out of there mind asking the price there asking.

VINTAGE EUMIG CINE CAMERA - 8mm | eBay

here is a couple that have ended but still sold for under $20

Vintage Eumig Electric R Movie Camera | eBay

VINTAGE AUSTRALIAN EUMIG 8MM ELECTRIC MOVIE CAMERA [QUITE RARE] | eBay

yes im going to cast the eumig, i just have not done it yet :)

Troop - this stuff is amazing man keep it up!! Just seeing your work is motivating me to finish off my build.

yes im using the same camera as they used in the movie which is a eumig servomatic, which is very hard to find, but there not that expensive, this one sold for less than $50

Vtg 50s 60s Eumig Servomatic 8 mm Movie Film Camera Brass Tripod Star Wars Prop | eBay

but there just hard to find.
so when i was figuring out just what i wanted to do in this kit, i decided to make several separate parts that can be added onto a eumig electric, which is the same main body. the only difference is the battery cover and the front/face plate, other than that it's the same casting.

i just got this one, there was one a couple weeks ago that went for under $2. just wait, keep looking, there out there, some sellers are just out of there mind asking the price there asking.

VINTAGE EUMIG CINE CAMERA - 8mm | eBay

here is a couple that have ended but still sold for under $20

Vintage Eumig Electric R Movie Camera | eBay

VINTAGE AUSTRALIAN EUMIG 8MM ELECTRIC MOVIE CAMERA [QUITE RARE] | eBay

yes im going to cast the eumig, i just have not done it yet :)

Thank you. :thumbsup :thumbsup

i have been painting a resin face plate, and the above mentioned PERFECT color....NOT so perfect. after mixing around with colors i have and looking around, i have came up with a much better color choice. it's 50/50 raf medium sea grey # 2058 and neutral gray fs36270 or # 1725.
the first color looked great on the real plate, the resin plates didnt look right. i think this pic look allot closer
what do you guys think ?

Last edited:

i have been painting aresin face plate, and the above mentioned PERFECT color....NOT so perfect. after mixing around with colors i have and looking around, i have came up with a much better color choice. it's 50/50 raf medium sea grey # 2058 and neutral gray fs36270 or # 1725.
the first color looked great on the real plate, the resin plates didnt look right. i think this pic look allot closer
what do you guys think ?

Looks dead on. Are these model airbrush paints, rattle can, or something else?

it's the testors model master paints, and i air brushed it. after it dried i might add just a tinny touch of white, just so satisfy me :D, but unless you have the real one and resin one side by side, you'll never see the very subtle difference.

For sure i will not see that difference, thank god i already have a Eumig, B+H, and Seagull. :cool

VEBBgelsge014.jpg

But i´m still in need of all the Kalimar related parts. (And need to make the plate and transition box.)

i can cast you up anything i have molds for, just pm me :D cuz this is NOT a for sale thread :)

well, i did it again.... i hit the color for the lens' dead on on the second try, first mix was to light ,i added more black, and there it was, i started with a clean bottle and used a scale to make sure i was correct, yep :) it's another 50/50 mix, i used gloss black fs17038 or mm# 1747 and dark gray fs36176 or mm#2036. it usually takes me a while to get the color im looking for, but these two colors were to easy :)
what do you guys think ??

now, keep in mind the kalimar 660 body is lighter in color than the lens

i think im going to buy a lottery ticket now :lol

ok, so i finally received more silicone so i could finish off the main body mold to the eumig. i made the first cast, and it is perfect :)
the only next part that needs to be made is the battery cover shell. since the original part is stamped metal, i think this would be best done vacuum formed so it would have more strength since it is thin.

ok, so i finally received more silicone so i could finish off the main body mold to the eumig. i made the first cast, and it is perfect :)
the only next part that needs to be made is the battery cover shell. since the original part is stamped metal, i think this would be best done vacuum formed so it would have more strength since it is thin.

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

:love :love :love :love :love :love :love :love :love :love :love

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back