Red Dwarf is Back!!!! Discussion thread

Was looking for some RD pics on google and came across proof positive that even season 8 had some hilarious moments:

Period.jpg

Just watched episode 2. Even funnier than the first. It;s good to see funny RD back. Back to Earth was far more serious than it should have been. I barely laughed watching that. Though the brilliant way they justified the use of 80's videotapes being used in the future was genius.

That's when Kochanski was not and not that 80s big haired scottish girl lol

Hey!

Gimme the original Kochanski any day. She was really cute and totally more believable as the character. You actually believed that she was someone that could have been Lister's soul mate.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chloe Anette and she's gorgeous, however she was stuck filling the "Rimmer" role and it really doesn't work for the character.

Just watched episode 2. Even funnier than the first. It;s good to see funny RD back. Back to Earth was far more serious than it should have been. I barely laughed watching that. Though the brilliant way they justified the use of 80's videotapes being used in the future was genius.

I liked BTE but I agree, this new series captures the spirit of the original much better. :thumbsup

I liked BTE but I agree, this new series captures the spirit of the original much better. :thumbsup

BTE was going for the fans and the sci-fi fans. I think the average person would have been lost in all the Blade Runner homages.

It was going for scale but lost the humor.

I really enjoyed this episode with the exception of two things. Wallace & Gromit and ebay being mentioned felt a bit too much like they were trying to be current. I felt those mentions should (if they be included at all) have been elaborated on to establish past history. Like when, in Marooned, Lister says, "Everyone remembers where they were when Cliff Richard was shot."

I really enjoyed this episode with the exception of two things. Wallace & Gromit and ebay being mentioned felt a bit too much like they were trying to be current. I felt those mentions should (if they be included at all) have been elaborated on to establish past history. Like when, in Marooned, Lister says, "Everyone remembers where they were when Cliff Richard was shot."

Agreed. Pop-culture references generally hurt episodes like this. They didn't bug me as much (particularly Wallace & Gromit as they're not huge over here) but I definitely noticed them.

We need a lifecast of Chris Barrie's head so we can make the Rimmer puppets from the Rimmer experience. I hope they put this season on dvd when it's done.

I saw they made a Scutter as part of a box set for one season but it's too pricey. Need one with pose-able fingers so it can give the two finger salute lol.

LOVED the newest episode,Entangled. I thought the Groinal Exploder would make a hilarious and controversial prop....not to mention useful ;-P

I think already have a 'Spoon of Destiny' in my posession...have to go check my silverware drawer.

Did anyone notice that Professor Irene had her glasses on upside down?
Too funny.

Last edited:
I'm working on watching the new ones ASAP!
I've been watching all of them from the beginning over the last 3 weeks and I'm up to the 6th season. The first 2-3 seasons are still my favourites.
Sorry O_B, had to get them on my own, you know me and my hard drive situation. Finally picked up a new one.

I never did see the Back to Earth episodes though...Anxious to get to those.

Sorry O_B, had to get them on my own, you know me and my hard drive situation. Finally picked up a new one.

I never did see the Back to Earth episodes though...Anxious to get to those.

:lol No worries man. Now that you have a drive though I can fill it up for you!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back