Red Dwarf is Back!!!! Discussion thread

For this series Steve Howarth had the job of restoring a very battered RD miniature. However, it couldn't be made to look good too close up without a lot of time and money, so the big panel was comissioned. We had a week to build it.

I'm no RD expert, but I believe the RD model was made for S7, as DMC12 suggested. (It was originally the long version) and had remained uncovered in storage since the end of S8 in 1999? It was indeed sheet acrylic over a timber and steel armature.

Someone had since done a VERY bad job of chopping in down to it's stubby size (around 8' with the spires)

Nothing to say that hasn't already been said here.

Miss Holly, miss the drive room, and it took a while to adapt to the crew being older. But boy was it great to be laughing at Red Dwarf again, and yeah, it was better than the last few seasons by a long shot. :cool:thumbsup

That You Tube video was shot while the props boys were doing a cut and shut job on the longer version.

Here's a shot of Steve fixing her up...

61004_red_dwarf.jpg

...and on the set...

61005_red_dwarf.jpg

I pinched the shots from Gazpacho Soup.

Oh I'll be watching it all, no matter what :)
I just didn't think the humour was up to par in ep1

For me there were a couple good laughs but in general not the most memorable I'll agree. I could definitely have seen that as a series 5 or 6 episode.

In particular I REALLY love the scene where Rimmer says "We all know what my choice is going to be" and then it cuts to them towing the Trojan and them walking down the hall in uniform, Lister with his phone. :lol

I know this is being REALLY anal, but I kept getting distracted by Craig Charles' new teeth and the fact that the lighting made Chris Barrie look like he's got a constant 5 O'clock shadow

And now my wife wants a 'Stirmaster' :D

I wonder if it was cropped down to 4:3, made a little fuzzier and given a better opening titles that people would like it more :p

I honestly felt the music was lacking in a few places too. But can't wait for thursday :D

Pree looks pretty creepy

I honestly felt the music was lacking in a few places too.

Really? Music is never something that stood out to me in the original series aside from opening & closing themes whereas this episode I thought did a lot better.

The towing music was great, when Rimmer's brother was dying I loved their use of the music from "The Rimmer Experience" which was a nice nod to the old.

when Rimmer's brother was dying I loved their use of the music from "The Rimmer Experience" which was a nice nod to the old.

If you're in trouble he will save the day
He's brave and he's fearless come what may
Without him the mission would go astray
He's Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer

Without him life would be much grimmer
He's handsome, trim, and no-one slimmer
He will never need a zimmer

More reliable than a garden trimmer
He's never been mistaken for Yul Brynner
He's not bald, and his head doesn't glimmer

Master of the wit and the repartee
His command of space directives is uncanny
How come he's such a genius? Don't ask me!
Ask Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer

He's also a fantastic swimmer
And if you play your cards right
Then he just might come round for dinner

No rhymes left now apart from quimmer
He'd better fade us out before we get to schlimmer
Fade out you stupid plimmer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-CG6gCrPYM

:lol :love :cool

Yep. That's the one! :lol

It's also one of the reasons I generally disregard anyone that says seasons 6 & 7 sucked. Yes, it's incredibly annoying that they messed with the back story but they're filled with great moments.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back