Red Dwarf is Back!!!! Discussion thread

I really liked it, They didn't really seem quite themselves, but I guess that'll be fixed as they get more used to being back in front of an audience again.

The "bridge" set, I don't really like too much. I want the drive room back, it looked like a version of starbugs cockpit too much so it was sort of confusing. Oh and bring back holly </3

Hey ho, pip and dandy.

Also, I believe the RD model for this series is the one made in the late 90s for S7, but they opted for the cheaper CGI or something like that. So for this series they cut it down and stuck a lump of rock sticking out of it! Closeup pics of the model show just how it was made of sheet acrylic :p

I wish someone would release a die-cast toy line of vehicles from the show or at least at 1/72 scale or bigger.

Starbug and blue midget in scale would be invisible unless your RD was like the length of a decent size house :p

Also corgi did release some RD things, I've got a few Starbugs and there's the long RD. But it wouldn't be too hard to chop down.

Starbug and blue midget in scale would be invisible unless your RD was like the length of a decent size house

Also corgi did release some RD things, I've got a few Starbugs and there's the long RD. But it wouldn't be too hard to chop down.

Indeed. I always preferred the original RD anyway. :thumbsup

For Starbug & Blue midget you could fudge the scale a bit so that you could see them. I don't think it would be THAT bad that you couldn't see them at all. I'd also want a TINY guy on the side of the ship painting the Red Dwarf. :lol

Indeed. I always preferred the original RD anyway. :thumbsup

For Starbug & Blue midget you could fudge the scale a bit so that you could see them. I don't think it would be THAT bad that you couldn't see them at all. I'd also want a TINY guy on the side of the ship painting the Red Dwarf. :lol

I was in the process of building a 2ish foot model of the original red dwarf before I came back to uni, so it'll have to wait a while before progress can be made. Or I might start over using a better material than foamboard.

RD X - yes! Just watched it, really enjoyed it!

It had a classic RD feel - SO much better than the last batch of episodes.

The Moose joke was funny. :)

The boys are back in town.

Not the best Dwarf but the best since series 6. They captured some of the feeling of the classic years nicely. Now if only Holly was back...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back