[Iron Man] Mk. II Flight Stabilizer Gauntlet v2 - DONE!

Re: [Iron Man] Mk. II Flight Stabilizer Gauntlet v2

I like the breakdown of this project, you've got some great metal and wood working skills

And here we are after a nice coat of black and then chrome

IMG_20121220_205449.jpg

Going to let it cure for a couple of days before assembly :thumbsup

looks great man. What sort of Chrome paint are you using? I can never find one that I like.

Oh I am also glad you got good results out of that Alumilite kit. I bought the same one about a month ago and have been working on a few things but havent tried making a mold yet.

It's Duplicolor chrome. Pretty surprised with the finish actually! :lol It turned out rather well. Just have to give it a good base coat of black

looks awesome! are you going to make the chest belt thingy that drains the power from the arc reactor?

Alright! Did some test fitting this morning to see how everything was coming together... and I'm finally getting that "accomplishment" feeling! :lol

Here is where we stand as of right now:

IMG_20121221_122559.jpg

Just need to do some more fitting, and add in some final touches. Then this bad boy will be shipped off to be attached to armor, and then on to its new home!

Re: [Iron Man] Mk. II Flight Stabilizer Gauntlet v2 - Nearly Complete!

you got some serious skill son. keep it up. like to see some shots of it on the armor,

Alright, the holiday rush is over so I sat down to try to finish this up this weekend. I secured the rest of the tubing and added in some wiring to give it more of that mechanical feel. All that is really left to do is some "finishing" details, like lining the inside with something to tidy everything up. Haven't decided what to use yet, any suggestions?

IMG_20130105_160405.jpg

IMG_20130105_160416.jpg

IMG_20130105_160610.jpg

Wow great, am curious if it is done, and when will you do a production for the junkyard ; )

Picked up some molding/casting supplies today! This is my first venture in either skill, so we will see how this goes :lol

I got the Alumilite Super Casting Kit from Hobby Lobby (retails $69.99, but used a 40% off coupon). The kit comes with 1lb of Quickset mold making rubber, 28oz of casting resin, 1lb of clay, mold release, measuring cups and stir sticks.

IMG_20121212_114733.jpg

IMG_20121212_115016.jpg

Not too bad for $40 for a beginner to learn on!

So I built two mold boxes using foam core board. I will need to cast two copies of the main body and four copies of the plates that attach to the body. After the two boxes were built, I glued each piece down and mixed and poured the rubber. So here is where we are at:

IMG_20121212_123240.jpg

Cure time is between 8-18 hours, so I will revisit them tomorrow to see how they turned out! If all goes well, I should be able to cast my pieces tomorrow afternoon :thumbsup

I bought the exact same thing last week to practice making rocker knobs! :)

GREAT BUILD!

Wow great, am curious if it is done, and when will you do a production for the junkyard ; )

Just about done... Should be finished tomorrow! As far as doing any runs, when I first started this I thought it was a possibility. The longer it has taken to complete (in my small amounts of free time) and the amount of work that has gone into it, I'm not sure if I will be able to... If I decide to do a run, it would be very small (max of 5) and very drawn out. And expensive :lol

Cant wait to see it all finished. And casting that may be a mess.

Any others produced wouldn't be molded and cast, they would be hand made just like this one!

Looking awesome so far. Can't wait to see the finished product, dude. This is gonna be great!

...and I'm calling this one done!

Added the final touches last night, and took some "studio" shots today. Here is the finished piece!

Arm1_zpsbc8de4fd.jpg

ArmLeftProfile_zps8848d3fe.jpg

ArmCloseLeft_zpsad46b2a2.jpg

ArmCloseTop_zps15b511bf.jpg

ArmCloseRight_zps3d53fb3d.jpg

ArmCloseRight2_zps7aa1a9d3.jpg

ArmRightProfile_zps6f973cca.jpg

ArmVerticalProfile_zpsd94d84f0.jpg

ArmBackProfile_zpse077cf21.jpg

And one last sneak peek of what it will look like attached to the armor...

Armwitharmor_zpsffe21127.jpg

So after months of blood, sweat, and (mostly) tears this job is done. Now to pack it up and ship it off to its new home! Thanks for all the kind words and support from everyone, I really appreciate it :thumbsup

Re: [Iron Man] Mk. II Flight Stabilizer Gauntlet v2 - COMPLETE!

Nice, and now the rest for the hand :lol :love

Re: [Iron Man] Mk. II Flight Stabilizer Gauntlet v2 - COMPLETE!

Looks amazing wish i had the time and materials to make stuff like this!! :thumbsup :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back