[Iron Man] Mk. II Flight Stabilizer Gauntlet v2 - DONE!

Re: [Iron Man] Mk. II Flight Stabilizer Gauntlet v2

Wow, this is really an interesting piece. I know they asked before if you were gonna sell this; if not is there any chance you would draw up some schematics to put up for sale? Like myself, I'm sure there are others that would like to make this for ourselves out of cheaper materials. Just a thought; thanks :$

If I don't end up doing a run (which I most likely will) then I will gladly share any resources I've gathered! (For free of course :thumbsup)

Can you supply the templates for the cut- outs. I am having a tough time with drawing and cutting the material for the basic structure.

Thanks

Can you supply the templates for the cut- outs. I am having a tough time with drawing and cutting the material for the basic structure.

Thanks

See my post above.

I began working on the brass tubing yesterday. No matter how careful I was, I was still getting slight kinks in the bends even with a tube bender. Going to stop by my supplier today to see if I can get brass rod instead.

Very cool idea to run with. It's cool to see someone doing this with aluminum.

That's gonna turn out very nice; if the schematics get posted I first was gonna work mine out of poster board to see how it turned out. If I did a well enough job I'm thinking about moving up to styrene board so it's a bit lighter and bounces if I accidentally drop it. :facepalm Not sure if that makes for good material but for starters I think it would work

I think styrene would probably lend itself to this well, especially if shaped with heat :thumbsup

Yeah I think styrene would be great for anyone without access to proper metal working tools. And also seconding blueprints for the design! Looks great so far. =)

Not sure if you tried this or not but when bending the brass tubing try covering one end with duct tape, filling the tubing with sand and covering the other end with more duct tape... the sand should help keep the shape without kinking. Just leave wee bit of room for compression and it should work... I kno this technique can be used in the repair of musical instruments. Hope it helps.

I've read about the sand trick, but haven't tried it yet. Picked up some brass rods the other day and did some bending. Definitely lends better to the sharper angles, but is a little tougher to work with.

No major updates right now... Just been working on the brass tubing and some other smaller bits. Had a busy family weekend, so didn't get much done. I've also been "commissioned" by my four year old nephew to make Leonardo katanas for his Halloween costume so I probably won't get much done until those are finished :lol

Nothing of any significance... Work was a little crazy, and Halloween has kind of taken over the house the last week :lol

I'm definitely sitting down tomorrow to get some work done, though. Need to finish up the tubing and figure out how best to attach it. Here is a quick mock-up of where we stand:

IMG_20121019_224323.jpg

You'll notice some of the tubing is crimped... Those were my original pieces, before I switched over to solid rod. I'll try to get some updates tomorrow!

Impressive! This looks extremely awesome. I was going to give one of these a go with some lighter aluminum awhile back, much like your V1. I think I'll wait now to see if you do a run! ;)

Looks amazing the brass gives it a nice dept to it. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Small update! Put some more time in on this yesterday, and hoping to finish the fabrication of a couple smaller components this weekend. After that it is just final assembly, then off to be attached to the rest of the suit :)

(Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I recently got a promotion at work and things have been a bit hectic with the holidays, working in retail and all :behave)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back