My prop replica collection UPDATE HELLBOY'S ROOM KEY

Re: Batman Begins Metal Batarangs Score!

Very nice!

I made one out of metal barstock (the stuff in Home Depot in the bins, about as big as a yard stick, about 2 inches wide). I gave it to my brother-in-law because he had a big collection of Batman memorabilia and toys, and he is also into martial arts and blades. Dang, I should have taken pictures and taken measurements. It wasn't the exact shape as the ones in the movie that you see Christian Bale throw into the wall, but the wings were chisel ground and sharp, more like the ones he uses to knock the lights out in the docks scene.

I was sketching them at work on a piece of paper when I realized how simple it would be to cut that shape out of a piece if metal. Maybe next time I see him I'll snap some photos and put them up.

These are so thick and heavy . If you lined up somebody and cranked them with this you could really hurt them bad . I would rather have a chinese star thrown at me lol. Thanks for checking them out !

My problem was I'd get it nice and sharp, and see if I could throw it and make it stick. Of course, it would bounce off and get dinged on concrete and I'd have to sand it and sharpen it and Dremel the dings off. :facepalm

lol This is more of a display piece so no chance of it taking flight .
Less I have an intruder :)

Synasp rangs haven't been topped yet. Very accurate stuff.

And what about that Begins cowl of yours? Do you have pics yet?

lol Still waiting on the Cowl hopefully soon !
The rangs came with cool magnetic wall mount clamps Jeff custom made they are really cool :)
Trust me when I have the cowl here safe I will be posting like a proud papa .
Here are a couple other cool new pieces I picked up also you might like.

Mattel Elite editions batmobiles . They are going up in price now. Modes are really well made and look killer on display .
had to clean the tires on the Tumbler was testing it out :)

ImageShack Album - 3 images

Nice pictures.

I had the Elite Tumbler a while ago but I had to send it back for a refund because it had many factory defects. Didn't get around to buying a new one yet. The camo Tumbler would go great with it though.

As for the 1989 Batmobile it's not the Elite version that you have there. It's either the original 2003 release or the newer 2012 "Heritage" model.

But you picked the right one since the Elite is the ugliest... With those awful gold parts and grey paint. Don't know what they were thinking over at Mattel...

I will most certainly pick up one of them Maize Batmobiles, they are amazing. 1/43 scale but by far the most accurate replica (including the Hot Toys version!).

I have been looking at the Maize its very cool for sure and it comes with the figure .
Just trying to save cash for some gauntlets :)

Re: My prop replica collection

Thanks so much ! I have some more goodies I will put up tonight .
hope you enjoy them :)

Re: My prop replica collection

I could put a Idol piggy bank on your base and it would look nice lol . Thanks the idol is beautiful !
As for the counter top its a custom made 50's Diner booth so yes its a bit off :)

I got this in last week . Really cool spring loaded like the Original Hero Room key in Hellboy .
Super detailed one of my favorite props ! Came with a neat BRRD instruction manuel . Prop works flawlessly :) Made by joatrash
Its a beauty ImageShack Album - 4 images

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back