Batman, Robin, Deadpool, Spidey and more Zentai suits worth it?!?!

ATBrooks

Hello there! I am still UNDECIDED about what character I wanna do for this year's Halloween festivities. So, I'm going to mesh them all into one thread here. Hopefully, you guys could help me with some votes and suggestions on what I could do to modify the "zentai" suits.. (IF I purchased one) that is. Anyways. I will post the options I have come to grips with finally. Character wise.

My options.

Superman?
Deadpool?
Batman?
Robin?
Captain America?
Thor?
Spiderman?
Nightwing?
Clark Kent with Superman underneath?

UGH! I know, I know. I'm indecisive. But, whatevs. Haha. :lol Anyways, if I have to get the zentai version of one of them, say for example Batman. What could I do to modify it to look legit? Or just get a black zentai catsuit? Thanks everyone! :)

Normally, I don't recommend zentai suits, usually they don't look very good. And I'd suggest doing something other than Deadpool, we already have at least a dozen other members currently working on Deadpool costumes, and the number of people I've seen wearing Deadpool zentai suits is far more than I can remember. I'd suggest doing Nightwing or Robin. They wouldn't be too difficult or costly to do, and I haven't seen many people do them before. We have a small handful of members here who have done either Nightwing or Robin, and have done a really good job on them. I'd suggest searching the costume forum for those threads to get an idea of how they tackled things. Good luck with everything!

I would not do any of those Chinese Zentai suits. I would honestly recommend ordering the print file from Sonjou for whichever character you want to do. Then have it printed with Fabricondemand.com then make the outfit. You'll have much better details, and the experience of DIY.

I would not do any of those Chinese Zentai suits. I would honestly recommend ordering the print file from Sonjou for whichever character you want to do. Then have it printed with Fabricondemand.com then make the outfit. You'll have much better details, and the experience of DIY.

Terrific suggestion, and as Propaholic said, you'll end up with a much higher quality bodysuit. But keep in mind that sewing spandex is very difficult, especially if you don't have any previous sewing experience. (And if the print pattern is complex, lining up the seams can be a real *****.) Sonjou sells his print files for a very reasonable price, but if you can't sew the fabric together yourself, and end up paying a seamstress to do it for you, it could get very pricey. (Expect at least a few hundred dollars.)

Normally, I don't recommend zentai suits, usually they don't look very good. And I'd suggest doing something other than Deadpool, we already have at least a dozen other members currently working on Deadpool costumes, and the number of people I've seen wearing Deadpool zentai suits is far more than I can remember. I'd suggest doing Nightwing or Robin. They wouldn't be too difficult or costly to do, and I haven't seen many people do them before. We have a small handful of members here who have done either Nightwing or Robin, and have done a really good job on them. I'd suggest searching the costume forum for those threads to get an idea of how they tackled things. Good luck with everything!

Thanks!

I should also add that it does make a difference as to which maker you buy these from. Some of the makers' products look nothing like the pictures, some look exactly like them, so if possible, buy from a place you know others have gotten them from and liked. The link for the suit I bought is included in the thread I posted above.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back