Fallout 3 New Vegas Armored Vault Suit.

Postapocalympic

Going for the Twig from Nuka Break Look.

This is my main reference for the Vault suit as it's the best multi angle shot.

Armored Vault 13 by Postapocolympian, on Flickr

And this is what I've come up with so far.
Front

Armored Front by Postapocolympian, on Flickr

Back

Armored Back by Postapocolympian, on Flickr

The main part of the shoulder armor is done. I have some pouches to add to the whole ensemble. I still need to add the yellow trim and Vault Numbers.

And this is me posing with my Shishkebab.

Posed by Postapocolympian, on Flickr

Still needs the connecting hose. I have yet to obtain from a friend.

Are you doing the utility belt and knee pad as well? It would complete it! Also, drag that thing through the basement or something! You have to look like you're stepping out of a dusty old vault into the wasteland! :)

Some of you might be curious about the construction of the armored shoulder. Its an old satellite dish cut down, and folded over, there's a small chunk of 10oz leather sandwiched between the two layers. and the rest is thrift store belts cut down and bolted on to the dish re-using the bolts from the dish's original assembly, the suit itself is just a Dickies coverall, I removed the Dickies label from the breast pocket with a seam ripper.

I cut the belts down and took the section buckles into the buckle, and folded it over and stitched or riveted a loop into it that goes over the waist belt. That way the entire piece is adjustable for height, the section that goes across the body the long way is also adjustable for width, the largest possible setting being what is set for me, that way if any of my skinnier friends(which is pretty much all of them) want to wear it, or I decide to sell it, it shouldn't require massive alterations.

Are you doing the utility belt and knee pad as well? It would complete it! Also, drag that thing through the basement or something! You have to look like you're stepping out of a dusty old vault into the wasteland! :)

If by utility belt you mean the large leather belt that's visible in the standard vault suit no, as its not seen in the armored vault suit. I have a bunch of old Mil Surp Pouches I will be adding to the belt, that are a mixture of leather pouches like the ones seen on the rear of the reference photo and and some more modern ones like Zack Finfrock uses for his costume in Fallout: Nuka Break. I will be adding the knee pad to the knee of the suit, I just haven't cut it up yet to put it on. instead of the knee pad on the opposite shoulder I decided to add some elastic loops and put some dummy rifle rounds up there.

Progress on the suit itself. Heres a shot of the yellow accents on the front.

Front by Postapocolympian, on Flickr

and the numbers on the back

Back by Postapocolympian, on Flickr

This is just them pinned on for placement. they cam out a little uneven when they were properly stitched on. after they get washed and ironed I will see if they dont even out a bit if not I will have to re-do the 1.

Interestingly enough, you are the first person I have seen to actually build the shoulder piece the way it is in the game. Just thought I would mention that. the suit looks great

I'd love to see more shots of the Shishkebab. That is my next project on my list! Suit looks great so far, more weathering will help to make it look worn-in.

I'd love to see more shots of the Shishkebab. That is my next project on my list! Suit looks great so far, more weathering will help to make it look worn-in.

I have a seperate build thread for the shishkabob. As for the weathering on the suit. I inyend to simply wear it as often as possible and let t wear that way as Im pretty rough on my clothes as it is.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back