help tips and advice required...

thesimplerobot

hi everyone,
i first found RPF a couple of weeks ago when looking for a Bozo heist mask, i saw some amazing sculpts, had a wander around the sight and saw more and more awe inspiring sculpts, costumes and prop builds and thought 'why not have a go at sculpting the mask yourself?' :facepalm so winging there way to me are a pack of chavant soft clay, a litre of latex and 5kg of plaster of paris, i have never sculpted anything in my life, the last time i "worked" with clay was when i made a shoe in ceramics class 20 years ago (that's just made me feel really old!).
So, in my first post on here i am looking for any advice, tips help and encouragement i can get from you guys, i hope i can get some decent results and might even stick some WIP pics up - although everyman and his dog has had a go at the Bozo mask, so it would mostly be about my successes or failures rather than a 'look at this amazing sculpt' sort of deal.
oh, and one more thing, i am doing this to wear for halloween...:eek
Thanks in advance, Jamie

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back