Dredd 2012 Costume project ( pics on page 1)

That looks awesome! I am assuming that's a air soft Glock gun?

Yeah it's just a cheap springer , said its a 17 but it's more like an 18 with the fire selector on the top rear of the slide. Aiming to get a gas blowback 17 in the next couple of weeks so I can create the functionality of the movie gun :cool

tango'd I know you've been asked a ton of times but I'm really interested in a eagle shoulder plate and what ever other armor bits you may offer soon...plannin' on passing judgement at SDCC 2013...:)

After the event I stripped down the lawgiver and started building it properly. Top section all smoothed and straightened and after more recent pics made adjustments to the mag and where it joins the trigger of the glock
7E8280A5-08A1-4B5F-8B52-A39A2F7E83EC-913-000000A9DA40B5B9.jpg

Hey did you find the leather jacket or did you piece it together yourself? I'm having a ****ty time trying to find one with the accordion stretch panels above the elbows.

Hey did you find the leather jacket or did you piece it together yourself? I'm having a ****ty time trying to find one with the accordion stretch panels above the elbows.

Jacket was all handmade by mavericks GF, it's all done with piping stitched in between pleather to get those panels. There are some motorcycle trousers around with this in but I think the movie ones were all specially made .

Jacket was all handmade by mavericks GF, it's all done with piping stitched in between pleather to get those panels. There are some motorcycle trousers around with this in but I think the movie ones were all specially made .

That sounds about right. I've seen the pants, and there are some out there that are pretty close to the ones used in the movie, but that leather jacket has been kicking my ass hah.

Bit more progress last night on the lawgiver , lots of overlapping layers on this prop so getting those right and fitting over the glock correctly is very time consuming ! Getting there now and left side pretty much done now B)
6271C045-0921-458F-8F9C-4CC6C2DD9485-202-000000169EE735E6.jpg

Gas blowback glock arrived and fits well into the kit . Just working on getting the rear slide rigged up and attached to the glock . I'll try and post up a vid of it working when it's sorted :)

I'll probably start a thread on this build in the prop section and keep this for the costume parts.

Tango'd, you're teasing us with all these info updates...bad Judge! Bad Judge! LOL! Can't wait to see those fixtures bro!

Looks great! Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the rear shroud attached to the slide a little longer than that? More real estate to hold and rack? I can't remember the movie reload...arggh!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back