The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Spidey looks pretty b.a, I like how the detail pattern is less "honeycomb" and more "brick". I hope it shows Max Dillon making his outfit, I wonder if he finds it in Oscorp & mods it up or makes it from scratch?

(Patiently waiting for fully finished Rhino photos)

Man O man - what the hell is going on with the world --

Andrew Garfield on Spider-Man: ‘Why Can’t He Be Gay?’
ALEX STEDMAN

With all eyes on the comic book world during Comic-Con and ample talk of gay rights issues with the recent SCOTUS rulings, Andrew Garfield decided to combine the two and ask a question about Spider-Man, the hero he portrays: “Why can’t he be gay?”

Garfield told Entertainment Weekly that he recently had a discussion with Matt Tolmach, the producer of “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” about MJ, or Mary Jane, one of Spider-Man’s love interests. He mentioned the state of the character’s sexuality and the prospect of having a man in his web-slinging arms.

“I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ,” he said. “And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality? It’s hardly even groundbreaking!”

Garfield has a point, especially with the recent legal battles and the summer’s packed Gay Pride Parades, and Mary Jane’s future in the films was uncertain to begin with. It was recently revealed that Shailene Woodley’s, who was playing MJ, scenes were cut from “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” leaving speculation on how the films will handle her character.

Some Spider-Man fans have shown, though, that they’re protective of the superhero’s portrayals. When Donald Glover was suggested as the new Spidey before Andrew Garfield was cast, many on the internet fiercely rejected the idea of a non-white Spider-Man.

That hasn’t stopped Garfield, as he already has a male Mary Jane in mind. He suggested Michael B. Jordan, star of the Sundance buzz pic “Fruitvale Station.”

“It’d be even better,” he said. “We’d have interracial bisexuality!”

“The Amazing Spider-Man 2” is set to be released in 2014.

Not liking the look at all

ewasm2-625.jpg
ewasm1-625.jpg
ewasm-625.jpg
ewasm3-625.jpg

he sure does bitch and moan alot for getting paid a good amount of money to act out quite a few boyhood fantasies and use things that most of us would love to to.

He was half way joking and suggesting it as a "What If" scenario. Can't wait to see this news blow out of proportion and sites covering this as a possible sequel storyline while fans start losing their cool over nothing.

I'm glad someone clarified. I figured it was a joke. Although Jet Beetle did post it like it was gospel.

It was on Variety page 1 - a place where the best jokes are always found. And how do either of you know he was joking? I had no idea this was taken from video or perhaps you guys were there.

And the only GOSPEL around here is that I am your God.

The EW article's quote in that statement (on previous page) itself has him stating "I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ". And that's what I meant that he was half way joking while the rest was his "What If" scenario, he said it was part of his "philosophical discussion with producer Matt Tolmach". I guess people can take it as they want.

The first one felt like the director and writers of twilight made it.

Suit looks perfect.

But I half expected him to sparkle and "explore his sexuality" in part 2 anyway.

No offense but the first one was barely watchable.

I have gay friends... Hell, my girlfriend is a bit bi herself... When the movie was over... I SWEAR she turned and said... "well that was kinda gay"

So maybe this IS the right path for this franchise?

It shoulda been a standalone for the teeny generation of today. Not a trilogy.

I personally want a little DARKER than the Raimi version... This was candy fluff IMHO.

I loved Garfield in The social network. And hell, I hate Facebook!!!

I think he is a decent actor. His movements in the suit are way better than Toby's. But the first one was beiber gen.

The EW article's quote in that statement (on previous page) itself has him stating "I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ". And that's what I meant that he was half way joking while the rest was his "What If" scenario, he said it was part of his "philosophical discussion with producer Matt Tolmach". I guess people can take it as they want.

I think it was a safe way to test dangerous water - Studios have been doing these things forever - they say something to see what the reaction is then say - oh no - all a misunderstanding. Plus - in this day and age when children's heroes are called to adopt more adult behavior thanks to the man-children, who knows what they'll do.

It was on Variety page 1 - a place where the best jokes are always found. And how do either of you know he was joking? I had no idea this was taken from video or perhaps you guys were there.

And the only GOSPEL around here is that I am your God.

I don't read so I can see why I missed it. The last time I read a magazine was when Maxim was still good.

And Andrew needs to pitch Miles Morales if he wants to be PC and philosophical. Then they could have there little sexual dilemma???:eek

still irks me they call it amazing spider-man but pull mostly from the Ultimate universe which is probably why OldKen gets the feeling it's "teeny".. The whole Ultimate universe feels younger and more adolescent granted I've only had limited exposure to it. I've stuck mainly to the 616 earth continuity. Do like the look of the new costume tho

When? Where? I visit about 10 movie news sites daily and that's never been reported. That seems like something that would be worth a mention at least

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back