Where to get these movies screen-used props?

iMan

Ok guys, I am new to this prop collecting game but I am real interested in some screen-used costumes and props from these movies:

The Other Guys
Top Gun
The Prestige
Jurassic Park
Back to the Future

I have already tried eBay, The Prop Store of London, Screenused and the Golden Closet but nothing to interesting.

Do you guys know anymore good prop sites where I can get screen used items without having to participate in an auction?

Thanks and much appreciated.

The other guys stuff came out thru the golden closet mostly from what Ive seen.

0648 THE OTHER GUYS Allen Gamble (Will Ferrell) screen used wooden prop gun SOLD
P00650 THE OTHER GUYS Allen Gamble (Will Ferrell) Screen used prop Glock 19 with holster SOLD
P00652 THE OTHER GUYS Terry Hoitz (Mark Wahlberg) Screen used prop Glock 19 with holster SOLD
P00656 THE OTHER GUYS P.K. Highsmith (Samuel L. Jackson) prop gun/holster set SOLD
P00654 THE OTHER GUYS Christopher Danson (The Rock) prop gun and holster SOLD
P00658 THE OTHER GUYS - P.K. Highsmith (Samuel L. Jackson) Plastic Python Revolver $850.00

Top gun...a few things have come thru paramount including Cruises flight suits...I believe Desi at screenused has some orgiinal helmets in private collection.

The Prestige....most Nolan films never let anything much out...the prestige was no exception. Very hard to find. Plus its warners...plus touchstone. Not much of a chance there....

Jurassic park...alot of public domain stuff has come out over the years but its mostly in prvate collections or went for alot of money. search icollector for the stuff profiles had....dinosaurs etc from stan winston. Licence plates, animation cells, costumes, all that has been and gone over last 20 years.

Back to the future. Again...alot is out there. Your going to have to bid at auction or watch screenused.

If you havent got the money...you can't play with that series of films pretty much.

The other guys stuff came out thru the golden closet mostly from what Ive seen.

0648 THE OTHER GUYS Allen Gamble (Will Ferrell) screen used wooden prop gun SOLD
P00650 THE OTHER GUYS Allen Gamble (Will Ferrell) Screen used prop Glock 19 with holster SOLD
P00652 THE OTHER GUYS Terry Hoitz (Mark Wahlberg) Screen used prop Glock 19 with holster SOLD
P00656 THE OTHER GUYS P.K. Highsmith (Samuel L. Jackson) prop gun/holster set SOLD
P00654 THE OTHER GUYS Christopher Danson (The Rock) prop gun and holster SOLD
P00658 THE OTHER GUYS - P.K. Highsmith (Samuel L. Jackson) Plastic Python Revolver $850.00

Top gun...a few things have come thru paramount including Cruises flight suits...I believe Desi at screenused has some orgiinal helmets in private collection.

The Prestige....most Nolan films never let anything much out...the prestige was no exception. Very hard to find. Plus its warners...plus touchstone. Not much of a chance there....

Jurassic park...alot of public domain stuff has come out over the years but its mostly in prvate collections or went for alot of money. search icollector for the stuff profiles had....dinosaurs etc from stan winston. Licence plates, animation cells, costumes, all that has been and gone over last 20 years.

Back to the future. Again...alot is out there. Your going to have to bid at auction or watch screenused.

If you havent got the money...you can't play with that series of films pretty much.

Thanks for the reply. I wish these props weren't so hard to get a hold of. I think I just need to move to Hollywood and work on some movies, that way I can get all the props I want. :)

If you do see anything from these movies at a decent price, please let me know. I saw the BIff Jacket from BTTF II on screenused and I want it so bad but it's just a little out of my price range. Shame.

Keep checking eBay. I missed out on an original November 1955 newspaper from Back to the Future when it was listed for sale on screenused.com last year, but because I had a saved search running on eBay I was able to make a deal with the new owner almost immediately after he listed it for sale again a few months ago. :cool

After you've been a member here 45 days, you can post a "Want to Buy" thread in The Junkyard. There are a lot of people here that collect screen used or production made items in addition to replica props. Most of the BTTF or Jurassic Park props are going to be pretty expensive.

Definitely consider adding some replica props to your collection. I will send you a PM with some items I've found here that you might be interested in. There are also some very screen accurate free BTTF items listed in the Paper Prop section, especially a lot of the stuff from the last year or so.

The Other guys.......not sure why anyone would want a prop from that movie ;)

Jurassic Park is normally profiles in history or already in private hands....be careful purchasing from ebay...there are a ton of replicas being passed on as screenused items...it happened recently with eggs and a cryocan...

back to the future items are normally auction like pih....most of the items on propstore or screenused are production made but not screenused....

the prestige.....never going to happen unless it walked off set......the original transported man painting is the only prop to my knowledge that walked off set...it was sold on ebay for a grand or so....cant remember the final price...

Screenshot2010-03-11at52919PM_zpsa03f4e3e.png

Keep checking eBay. I missed out on an original November 1955 newspaper from Back to the Future when it was listed for sale on screenused.com last year, but because I had a saved search running on eBay I was able to make a deal with the new owner almost immediately after he listed it for sale again a few months ago. :cool

After you've been a member here 45 days, you can post a "Want to Buy" thread in The Junkyard. There are a lot of people here that collect screen used or production made items in addition to replica props. Most of the BTTF or Jurassic Park props are going to be pretty expensive.

Definitely consider adding some replica props to your collection. I will send you a PM with some items I've found here that you might be interested in. There are also some very screen accurate free BTTF items listed in the Paper Prop section, especially a lot of the stuff from the last year or so.

PM received. Thanks for all your help.

The Other guys.......not sure why anyone would want a prop from that movie ;)

Jurassic Park is normally profiles in history or already in private hands....be careful purchasing from ebay...there are a ton of replicas being passed on as screenused items...it happened recently with eggs and a cryocan...

back to the future items are normally auction like pih....most of the items on propstore or screenused are production made but not screenused....

the prestige.....never going to happen unless it walked off set......the original transported man painting is the only prop to my knowledge that walked off set...it was sold on ebay for a grand or so....cant remember the final price...

Screenshot2010-03-11at52919PM_zpsa03f4e3e.png

Thanks for the info. I know The Other Guys isn't a big movie or anything but my wife and I like it so it would be cool to own a screen used Will Ferrell suit or something. :)

Thanks for the info. I know The Other Guys isn't a big movie or anything but my wife and I like it so it would be cool to own a screen used Will Ferrell suit or something. :)

that is pretty cool.....just give it time and one day you will come across it...one of my favorite comedies as a kid was "Clifford"....I searched everywhere for props from the film and couldnt find anything.......Years later, I came across a screenused martin short costume from the film and purchased it....one of my favorite items in my collection

you can also try yourprops.com....there are several collectors there posting their items...you can always email a member and see if they are willing to sell..

the other guys movie props, costumes and wardrobe

another website you might enjoy is themoviepropforum.com....it is mostly for screenused prop collectors....it maybe a good place to widen your network..

I was the Prop Master for The Prestige. A bunch of Props such as Christian Bales rings were from my personal prop kit. My favorite prop was the set of Magic Books created for the film. They do exist. Also those posters were computer generated and printed on an ink jet printer. There are no original paintings. I do have a bunch of those posters too.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back