"Atlas Shrugged: The Strike" Coming Oct 12

Said budget has been reported to be 10 million (not including campaign budget) and the film placed 11th earning only 1.7 million. And yet it's still probably going to get a sequel.

Not surprised at the take this time. I think starting off with what was such an 'amateurish' first episode turned a lot of people off from seeing the second. Only one of two friends who saw the first had any interest in seeing the second. I also noticed that I didn't hear any fiscally conservative people in the media talking about this movie, unlike the first one which had a lot of people looking forward to seeing it, and I suspect many let down by it.

Not to mention in the current economic climate with "Occupy" movements all over the world it's not exactly the favourite message for most folks.

I still hope they make the third and I'll give them all a watch. If nothing else Rand paints an interesting world.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back