DREDD 3D (2012) - Helmet Build - Finished Page 7

Re: DREDD 3D - Helmet Build

Well Girls.. You might be in luck! Last night I milled out the front side.. and after pulling a vac form test off the front half… I've kicked myself in the butt for not trusting myself. I measured and measured.. Then right before the mill I changed my mind on the scale thinking it was going to be too big... Well I was wrong.. So my mistake may turn into your reward. So for now I'm putting the smaller one aside and after I get the full size helmet finished I'll revisit based on number of interests.

So sorry for the false start folks.. We gotta getter right! Let’s start again!

The final helmet will be resin. I make a little kids halloween mask type vac for testing scale and fit before milling the whole helmet out. Good thing I checked. :)

Update:

1. New scaled mill is going great! Much better!
2. Old small mill fits my wife perfect... So maybe ill finish it up later.

image.jpg

are u using that balsa foam (dont know the correct name)....ive been meaning to get some of that stuff and try carving w/ it

Since you are CNC milling the Helmet you could have milled it as a female mold. The detail in the vacform would have been as sharp as the 3d model.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back