DREDD 3D (2012) - Helmet Build - Finished Page 7

Thanks everyone for following this thread.. I'll open a junyark thread sometime this week.

Also I'm working on the helmet stand video.. So I'll start another thread for that as well..

- Devin

Thanks everyone for following this thread.. I'll open a junyark thread sometime this week.

Also I'm working on the helmet stand video.. So I'll start another thread for that as well..

- Devin

you should make some stands for a little bit extra for the guys who pick the helmet up. :love

Awesome display stand vid... Still trying to get the weathering on mine just right, any tips for the paint chip effect?

Beautiful helmet. Can I ask what kind of paint o you use for your airbrushing?

Oh man that's a loaded question.. The answer is all kinds. Check your local hobby store. They have enamels, acrylics,lacquer, etc. What makes it an airbrush paint is just thinning it down with the proper solvent so it can be sprayed through an airbrush. The good thing about hobby paints is you can always mix and match.

-Devin

any weathering tips?

dremel_foto.jpg

sandpaper.jpeg

6543697-tubes-of-colorful-acrylic-paint-isolated-on-black-background.jpg

and
Toothpaste.jpg

Then watch this, its an old one but gets the idea across

Just a little something to make you guys jealous... :)

So Devin said he wasn't doing any full builds of his helmets, but he was ridiculously kind enough to part ways with the original helmet made in this very build thread. Definitely wasn't expecting him to offer his helmet for sale, and I paid a pretty penny for it, but man, was it worth it. The pics he took are gorgeous, but really don't do it justice at all when the bucket is seen in person. I can't wait to see people's builds on his raw casts, but there would have been no way for me to work on a cast and make look as good as what he did on his. <3

img1367a.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back