DREDD 2012 - Lawgiver MK2 Aluminium and printed parts

andyface

Hey it's me again. I already mentioned this on the Dredd badge thread but figured having made a little more progress tonight I'll start the thread for the Lawgiver.

The original plan was to build most of the body up with styrene then detail it with some 3d printed parts but I got carried away while modelling the serial number plate and now figure I may as well finish the whole model off and find out how much it would be to get it printed.

So this may or may not be another 3D print build, at the moment just gonna see how it goes.

Here's what I've got so far :)

lg001_zpsa33c60e3.jpg

lgoo2_zps34438501.jpg

Last edited:
Re: DREDD 2012 - Lawgiver MK2 3D Print (Possibly)

Count me in 100%!!! Preferable printed to be attached to a Airsoft gun. But Solid is fine by me as well. I think the Aluminum shield/shroud part is less square and more triangular if i'm not mistaken

Ello, you are indeed correct. It doesn't show on the pics I've uploaded but it has been made with an angle at the top of the shroud.

Although looking at the model I don't think I've angled it quite enough so will likely adjust it over more.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, I'll keep you posted when there's any more updates. Current plan is to have it printed as a hollow shell, mostly to keep printing costs down but also means it shouldn't be too difficult to produce moulds for a kit to cover an airsoft.

:)

Count me in 100%!!! Preferable printed to be attached to a Airsoft gun. But Solid is fine by me as well. I think the Aluminum shield/shroud part is less square and more triangular if i'm not mistaken

Man Andy, you are knocking these beauties out. Keeping an eye on this thread. Would be interested to find out if you're printing the whole gun (preferable, personally) or just plates for an airsoft mod.

Shapeways will not print anything that looks like a gun, so you might have to use someone else.

GOD ITS BEAUTIFUL... Fantastic Job Andy. Don't forget the vents near the ejection port :)

Last edited:
Keep me informed, very interested. I noticed the Judge Minty team were credited in the movie, they are rpf members, worth asking if they can get hold of any more reference material.

Cheers everybody, glad you're liking it so far. Any pointers welcome if I've done anything obviously wrong with it.

Getting excited now, the right hand side is pretty much done so gonna start modelling the left hand side (Whyyyyyy couldn't they be lazy and mirror it like I would have done)

Anywho here's the latest pics of the right side. More to follow soon :)

LG007.jpg

LG006.jpg

LG005.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back