DREDD 2012 - Lawgiver MK2 Aluminium and printed parts

Re: DREDD 2012 - Lawgiver MK2 3D Print (Possibly)

Looks awesome. The work you did on my badge was great so I'd get one of these from you as well.

Ello there. Not much of an update but some new pics of the current progress, have modelled the left hand side and made a lot of changes to the right side and ammo clip. New design would allow the front ammo clip to be removable (figured this could be a useful spot for batteries/electronics etc :) )

LG005-1.png

lg004-1.png

lg000.png

lg001.png

lg003-1.png

lg002.png

Utterly suberb work. Has this progressed from possibly to definitely? There certainly seems enough interest.

Are you designing it to fit on an airsoft glock.
Oh and the obvious question, any idea of price (even a rough idea)
thanks.

Thanks, is still a work in progress. Am in contact with someone about getting them printed cheaper than going through sw so hopefully can find out pricing soon. Will likely be making a kit to fit over air soft glocks rather than complete guns as shipping between uk and USA may be difficult if it goes through an X-ray at any point lol.

More to follow soon :)

Last edited:

Little bit more progress made :)

I can't take credit for the glock handle as this was a model I downloaded but figured it would be useful to put the components together to see how they look so far.

It's getting oh so close to being finished now

lgmk2.png

lgmk2b.png

lgmk2c.png

lgmk2d.png

Wow, credit where credit's due, that fantastic.

Count me in when it happens.

Hi Any progress?

I'd like to say I'm not impatient :angel, but I am.

Hey there. Some very awesome updates are on the way soon with some new pics, still tweaking the model to get it as close as possible to the movie prop at the moment.

What I can tell you is this should turn out fantastic as I will be tag teaming this project with Ken Palkow. A lot of you probably already know who he is but for those that don't he works in the industry building weapons for some awesome movies. Some of his latest work includes the next Star Trek movie and the upcoming robocop reboot amongst others so when he offered his assistance getting this completed I bit his hand off lol. Ken's been hard at work rebuilding, cleaning up and refining the models I've sent him so he'll have some new pics which will be posted here very soon.

Huge thanks to everyone for all the interest in this build, really looking forward to getting the first prints out and putting it all together :)

Thanks Andy for the kind words. OK, so here's what I got going on. I rebuilt the gun from scratch in Solidworks which is a great program for a project like this. I'm almost complete with the exterior look of the model and it is in a solid form right now. My idea is this.... for those that would like to have this actually working, I figured I would design and create cavities in the model exactly like what I would do for weapons I build for a film. With this, I figured I would use a gas powered Glock 18 airsoft. This way you get that full auto feel. Now, for those that just want a static piece, that's fine too. I'm currently looking at various airsofts to use and run with one of the better ones out there. We use airsoft guns a lot in the industry and are pretty close to the real guns. Dimensions can be off depending on the manufacture. Once I get the gun we'll use, I can compare it to Glock's real CAD files. I don't want to just use the Glock files just to find out the airsoft guns won't fit. I think you guys get the picture. Anyway, I'll post some pics tomorrow of the CAD as it is now.

Cheers,
Kenney

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back