my little pony costume

vincent228

Hi folks !

Im new here.
I have searched and searched but cant find what im looking for.

does anyone know if there is a pep file out there for my little pony friendship is magic, gen 4 foam costume? even if its just the head.

my 11 year old daughter really wants to be rainbow dash for holloween, but the costumes that can be bought are super lame.

She is a high functioning autistic, so trying to explain "it just isnt available" is almost impossible.

any help would be really appreciated.

I feel sorry for your daughter... And you, of course. She's lucky to have such a great dad though. :) I'm no good with pep... Never worked with it at all, but there are a lot of guys here that are just amazing with it. If the files don't already exist, I'm 100% sure you can find someone here willing to create them. After all, it wouldn't exactly be the most complicated build out there. Good luck! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. :)

sorry man. dont think there is anything around here for that. visit the bronie groups on facebook to see if anyone has made anything. im sure you will find a few things, but i doubt pep files

Lots of people do humanized versions of the MLP characters.
So they would wear a rainbow wig with ears, a pair of blue wings and a blue dress with a lightning bolt on it for RD like so: Rainbow Dash Cosplay by ~Gaaras-Chocolate on deviantART

If you want an actual Pony suit, there are no real pep files. You'll either have to learn to carve foam for the head and leg/hoof padding, or contact this guy: AtalontheDeer on deviantART
I believe he sells vacuum formed plastic head bases for MLP.

I made this one last year: Temperance - MLP - YouTube
I'm happy to answer any questions regarding the suit. The head and hooves were carved from foam, the fur is seal, the cutie mark is felt and the hair is kanekalon.

finished the head:
x7p67329.jpg

download link:
rainbow dash head.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

im sorry for the sloppy unfold, im in quite a hurry. should be doable tho.
i hope this is what youre looking for, and your daughter can get her costume

i have the wings and tail also, but no time to unfold it today, sorry. if you need those, post here, otherwise i will just leave it ;)

cheers
EoS

finished the head:
x7p67329.jpg

download link:
rainbow dash head.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

im sorry for the sloppy unfold, im in quite a hurry. should be doable tho.
i hope this is what youre looking for, and your daughter can get her costume

i have the wings and tail also, but no time to unfold it today, sorry. if you need those, post here, otherwise i will just leave it ;)

cheers
EoS

See! I totally said so! I knew there was someone willing to help. :) Good luck with the build!

Just keep in mind to make the tail attached to a belt or something so it can swivel or twist out of the way. cat very well sit in a car or use the bathroom to well with a large immovable paper tail.

if it means i can make some kids happy who deserve to catch a break, who am i not to do this :)

EOS. you are the bomb.
that comment brought a tear to my eye.

I cant thank you enough !!! I will get to work on them right now.

Thanks again !!
I owe you one!!

My daughter says "THANK YOU !!!!!!

As a high functioning autistic myself,

She is a high functioning autistic, so trying to explain "it just isnt available" is almost impossible.

Try to avoid 'changing' the environment, but try to change her while you still can. I got diagnosed when I was 11 years old and my parents did everything they could to 'change' me into a 'functional' person. The psychiatrists told me I'd never live a normal life, but my parents thought they could teach me. They were right. After a years of trainings and courses, I'm living a normal life now with the benefits I got out of my aspergers. (I'm not sure if your daughter has that)

If you try to change the environment, she'll get trouble when she comes of an age to get 'out' of the house and start working. It sounds stupid, but if you can train her, and believe me, high functioning autists are able to do amazing things, she might get more benefit than changing the environment.

Back to the subject;

I see there are many possibilities. I'd first think of paper maché for the head. But that's me. I'm no pro either (just starting too...) The wings of foam might be a good idea.

Best of luck!

@kialna;

Thank you very much for your words of guidance and encouragement.
She is a really good kid. She is asperger, but on the lower part of the spectrum.
We try to keep her life as normal as possible. But unfortunately the mental midgets in the education department feel she should do other things.
They look at me sideways when i ask them "can a fish REALLY fly?".
Let my fish do what she does best (which is swim), and you can flap your arms and attempt to fly all you want.

LOL

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back