Deadpool Costume

If you stare at that big block of random text long enought, you'll see an image! Get real close to the monitor!

Ok well, a few updates. especially since I got the whole picture thing settled haha.

Here is a detail shot of some of the items I am using. A closer look at my mask.
A better look at my boots...These I love! motocross boots. I bought off ebay, turns out the cheapest ones I could find were also the ones best suited to the costume!

And finally my costume almost complete. I still need some shoulder straps for my swords, a logo for my belt, and two shoulder pads...(I wasn't originally going to use shoulder pads because I thought they would be way too bulky, but I tracked down a shoulder brace by shock doctor which I can modify perfectly for my purposes).

One other thing...I was planning on building my own muscle suit to go under the costume, but quickly realized a sharpie marker is far cheaper and also lends a more comic book look to the costume. what does everyone think? I was hoping the red shadows would have showed up better and may revisit them to make them darker at some point.

My only real gripe is the mask...I look like I have no neck :( not sure how to remedy that.

8302324414_1454561cea_c.jpg

8301271925_f7d8762c77_b.jpg

8301271823_c95c3273be_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!

Here is the shoulder brace I Mentioned. I Photoshopped it in for now...I'll need to buy two and do a little fanagling to get it to work though but I think it'll give it a really good look.

842-shoulder-support_1.jpg

8303578669_c0e8dd7cce_b.jpg

THANKS! I'm pretty happy with most of it so far, but I think I may start the mask from scratch. It looks good but is bigger than I had hoped

Well I decided to start my mask from scratch...the one I have there looks alright but it's very uncomfortable. I am working on a leather spandex hybrid. Taught myself how to wet form leather and so far so good. If I can get my sewing skills together I think this one will be a head turner.

here it is...Not finished yet though, I plan to make the seams more defined so the mask doesn't look so flat. I'm much happier with the new mask as it's cleaner than the last one way more comfortable and I can finally breath!

8356602348_5f5f8b2ce2_c.jpg

Me and my friends decided to do a Deadpool sharpie costume because of this... Thanks!

Thats awesome, I'll keep my eyes open for it!

I was racking my brain trying to figure out wether to go with a muscle suit or dye sub. I'm at least a little artistically competent and sharpies are super cheap.

It gives it a comic book look as opposed to super realistic, which was a compromise, but I am really happy with how it turned out

so aside from my shoulder braces I have 1 last article to get my hands on. I have never seen anyone do this before and am looking forward to the reveal.

I will have new pics up with my awesome idea within a week or so, just waiting on Fed Ex.

I havn't ordered the shoulder braces yet as they aren't cheap. but I'm working on it.

Also I am adding a pic of the leather part of the new mask. the reason I am adding it is because it's hard to see the details when it's black. As you can see I have a real facial definition. Which is awesome!) if I do say so myself :)
8360177996_862d98faf1_b.jpg

Just found this thread. I must say, I'm glad you re-did your mask. I think it looks a lot cleaner and more true to the character. Also diggin' the general look of the costume. The sharpie thing is such a good idea!

Lookin' to seein' this around FanExpo 2013. ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back