SS Romulan Warbird

3D-builder

It was real... :) ...it was nice :D ...but it wasn't real nice :angry This was a model I built on comission about 5 years ago or so.It took me about 9 months with a full time job to boot.. I had never built anything of Star Trek subject matter before so it was a first.Well the deal fell through and I ended up with a 36x25x10 monster in a plywood case I made for shipping.The templates for the hulls feather patterns were a night mare alone. :angry It was one of those projects that raised my own personal bar for modeling a little higher :D I would do a few things different now, I would vacuum form the head, at the time I had to sand it to shape using raw balse block, now I would form it and light it up.The leading edges of the hulls could be thicker coming off the neck area other than that Iam not to hard on it even now . :D
Regards,
Michael

<div class='quotetop'>(bbabich @ Nov 16 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]1359005[/snapback]</div>
Very cool. 9 months of hard labor shows, this piece is stunning.

-Bryan
[/b]

Thanks guys after Iam here 90 days I may list her in the Junkyard. :D

I love looking at those photos, especially the WIP pics of the shaping of the head! What was your technique for forming the wings?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back