The Ten Commandments tablets replica

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
Hi

These are my Ten Commandments tablets replica. I made them out of wood and carved the letters with dremel. I then painted it red and aged it a bit.

Attachments

• Imagem1aa.png
    Imagem1aa.png
    418.3 KB · Views: 511
  • Imagem1dd.png
    Imagem1dd.png
    432.5 KB · Views: 441
  • Imagem1ee.png
    Imagem1ee.png
    304 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Mel Brooks as Moses - YouTube

LOL, Did a great job on this replica...looks spot on to me. :thumbsup

This was so funny, especially when you realize that there are actually over 600 actual commandments in the Jewish faith. Can you imagine how heavy all those tablets would be? Maybe they actually invented the scroll, just to accomodate it...:)lol)

Your tablet replicas are beautiful!!! Are you using them as a prop for a Moses costume? Thanks for sharing.

I've thought of this prop years and am thrilled to see someone made it. Great job on it. I love classic movie props!

This was so funny, especially when you realize that there are actually over 600 actual commandments in the Jewish faith. Can you imagine how heavy all those tablets would be? Maybe they actually invented the scroll, just to accomodate it...:)lol)

Your tablet replicas are beautiful!!! Are you using them as a prop for a Moses costume? Thanks for sharing.

Hi guys

Thanks for your comments.
As to PotionMistress question, no, I am not using it on a Moses costume. Just did it because "The Ten Commandments" are a classic and I thought I somehow should have something related to this movie on my prop replica collection.
Thanks for watching.

looks great, i remember someone else here started a set by having the front laser cut i think, then he was going to weather the words to make it look like the finger of god wrote it.. pretty cool any way you look at it :)

Looking pretty awesome!

Have you given any thought to making an ark to display them in?

Chris

Hey everyone
Thanks a lot for your kind comments
Doing an 1:1 Ark replica would be a great idea and it would make a very good display. Sadly I have no space (still have my miniature ark anyway...lol)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back