pepakura white ranger helmet

SirBuBBaLoT

a few months ago my son came to me and asked me to make him a white ranger helmet... and eventually the rest of the costume..

well !! i got the helmet sorted out for him, and made a start on the body piece of the costume.

here are a few photo's of the helmet. and other parts of the costume. so far..

this pic below i looked hard at the helmet and discovered something wasn't right..
579982_3779076430321_1770084447_n.jpg

then fixed it
DSC02730.jpg

DSC02762.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

DSC02844.jpg

my son showing off the helmet body piece and what seems to be the begining of the sword

DSC02867.jpg

close up of the sword... made out of 3mm MDF as the backbone and balsa wood..

DSC02913.jpg

the only problem i had was working out the hinge but still have it look flush when locked shut.. so i decided to go for a thick piece of rubber/foam and stuck it tight with super glue..
the other thing was i bought some 1in foam for the padding.. then tried it on, too tight. so i pulled out the foam padding and halved the thickness... but left the padding above the visor at the front where i added a strip of velcro and shhh don't tell wife one of her new face cloth from the bathroom not even used.

now.. my son wants me to make the full original set of the power rangers at 6in high so he can have them displayed on a shelf in his room. got them all apart from red and blue

That looks GREAT! Did you make or find the template for the foam detail on the helmet? Also, Did you find a blank version of the helmet to put the foam on or did you modify it?

I'm loving your ranger helmet! It looks ten million times better than my pepped one did, thats for sure! If you need any help with anything else, just let me know, and I may just be able to help you out =).

SirBuBBaLoT,

Which pep file did you use? It looks like you made the helmet without all the details, and just added them afterwards with the foam.

The one I have, actually has all the details build into the pep which I'm not looking for.

i bought the pep file from propzone.. not sure who made it.

i made the helmet 1st fibreglass, bindo (car body filler) it was just the helmet.. and glued on the foam sections then masked off and sprayed appropriate colours..

the sword..
a little bit more progress on the sword. Maybe this weekend i'll start on the the handle. but remember tho.. the balsa wood i'm using is 1/4inch thick cut to rough shape glued onto the 3mm MDF then finely sanded with dremel and sandpaper into shape.

i'll try get some photos up of the sword with it progress so far.

Last edited:
if anyone has any questions about my ranger helmet please feel free to ask i will answer them... or even about the rest of the white ranger costume.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back