SilverHawks helmet sculpt.

MaddMaxx82

So I have been thinking this one over for a while. Other than some really strange looking zentai style stuff, or MonStar. I cannot recall seeing a Quicksilver build ever done. I am going to do more of a artistic interpretation here. So here I go.
sadu6e2u.jpg

roughing out the helmet now.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Thanks Riggs! By the way, I love how your FF The Thing sculpt is coming. Its looking awesome.

Last edited:
This is serendipity or what? I just started working on a Quicksilver Dye sub suit! I shall be watching this with great interest!

That Monstar is freaking scary.

Need to round out the dome, and extend the back a little. The J-O-B has kept me slow moving on this project. Hope to have more progress to share, by tomorrow.

So, I ran out of clay. I am using Van Aken Plastelina on this sculpt.Ordered from DickBlick.com and won't be here till about 9/24. So in the meantime, I have been looking at inexpensive mannequins to use as a base to sculpt the body armor. I think I may go for this one, since its only $90 on ebay.
5a4y8e8y.jpg

Does anyone know if a texture stamp for feathers exists? I wanted to experiment with putting a texture on some small parts of the helmet/body/wings to accent them. I may, have to experiment with making my own.

I found this one and a fine line version online for $4.99 each. As soon as they arrive, we will see how feather texturing the back of the helmet looks.
a8e5enap.jpg

So, angry right now. Fedex supposedly delivered my 20lbs clay order to my leasing office, since I wasn't home. Leasing office says they never recieved a package. Even though Fedex has a signature confirmation from a woman who works there. Ugh! I just wanna sculpt people! Lesson learned, have everything delivered to work, not home.

aw that sucks. I got mad 'cause they DID deliver my clay, but since no one was home they left it at the door for anyone to take.

By far one of the coolest threads I've come across in a long time. Really looking forward to the finished sculpt, and Rokka Rolla that MonStar is fantastic!

Great work thus far MadMaxx.

Couple questions for you. How do you make such amazingly sharp and geometric lines in the clay?

And lastly, why not just sculpt the stamp of the leaves to your own specifications, mold and cast yourself a stamp that way?

Great work thus far MadMaxx.

Couple questions for you. How do you make such amazingly sharp and geometric lines in the clay?

And lastly, why not just sculpt the stamp of the leaves to your own specifications, mold and cast yourself a stamp that way?

Triton, I made custom templates from card stock, for all the angles and curves . I traced the templates into the clay with a pick. Then took my various rakes and went to town. The templates will allow me to duplicate the other side easier.

I ordered the feather stamps, posted earlier. They were a microscopic pattern. The website I ordered them from did not list dementions on the stamps...so it looks like I will be sculpting my own stamp.

I got my Fedex issues straightened out, they found my clay. My 20lbs of clay has just arrived. Thankfully, I can get back to my sculpt now.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back