SilverHawks helmet sculpt.

This is looking really great!!

I've used Van Aken clay for various sculpts & here's a handy tip...

Either use compressed air cans by spraying upside-down on the surface of the clay to harden it, or if you have room...put the sculpt in the fridge.

The cold clay is easier to sculpt with like Chavant clay & you can give it an almost machine smooth finish!

So I have been thinking this one over for a while. Other than some really strange looking zentai style stuff, or MonStar. I cannot recall seeing a Quicksilver build ever done. I am going to do more of a artistic interpretation here. So here I go.
sadu6e2u.jpg

roughing out the helmet now.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Sorry I haven't had more updates, life has taken priority over this project lately. My wife and I just had a beautiful baby girl.

Yeah, I have been using Van Aken since I was a little kid making homemade claymation videos on my parents 8mm camcorder, so I have gotten very familiar with it. The frig method works great.

I am nearly done the helmet sculpting, then I will cast it, in smoothcast 305, and seperate the faceplate from the rest of the helmet.

I hope to have more progress pics up soon.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Congrats on the addition!

The build looks incredible, looking forward to seeing this one progress. One of my favs as kid. Love the interpretation.

Great ! Hope to see more news. i dream for a real mask for M.A.S.K animated
I'm building a Spectrum mask soon and probably make some cast for people interested.

Anywho, I'm excited to see this done. I loved this show. I remember talking thru a harmonica to sound like Copper Kid LoL.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back