F&M B-Wing, Orange conversion

Managed to look through all the ID's from the file on this one Julien, some very cool kit parts used, got a few kits now with bids on, so looking forward to doing something similar buddy, its odd, you and Guy have REALLY got me hooked onto this now.
Anyhoo, as usual, really stellar work, i love your method of replacing the curved plating without pulled forms, really cool!

lee

It was RIGHT THERE. Hey, I think I still have the pantone codes if you think it would help?

archives---0209.jpg

Those look really great once you get them finished!

I think Julien is going to be the first to do justice to the ILM birds, hands down! Hope I can see it in the flesh this Spring, maybe!!

I agree Jason, there is only maybe Julien and Guy out there capable of a true ILM worthy job, there work always looks like a filming mini, not a toy!

Lee

Thanks Lee !

The B-Wing is now finished (not really still have ONE part to glue :lol) and ready to be painted !

I need to build a paint booth because I cant paint anymore in the house :(

Heck no !

But I dont think I'm going to buy this one lol $355... and $532 shipping ! :facepalm Is that shipped via Concorde ?!! Seriously I paid less than $100 for bigger and heavier things from the US !! :lol

Gonna take a look in the Europe to see if there's something cheaper :)

That's OK for the particules but what about the fumes ? They said there's no fumes but I have some doubt ?

Julien, your B is bang on mate, I'm still hunting those last few parts on the guns, tricky stuff but rewarding. Yours is going to look the dogs bollox mate when painted. I'm almost sad to see the B wing club expand like this, Frank has a lot to answer for making these available to actually talented people Like you. I guess the new "First rule of B-Wing club" is if you cant Beat em Build one.........Still have to give Moe a nod for his incredible work on this Kit.

Ps, open the window and buy some Brut 33, no one will know :cool, or do what I did and lavish her with presents :lol

Julien, I can spray Testors Dullcote and my wife has no idea. If that's not an endorsement for no fumes, I have no idea what is! :lol

There has got to be an option for a Frenchman looking to spray things indoors, right? I agree, shipping something like this in from out of your native country is INSANE.

Yeah, I was limited to seven single colors by the silkscreen process, but looks like you could vary the hues with Alps? Good stuff!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back