F&M B-Wing, Orange conversion

Are these still available?

I saw the B-Wing lego and was impressed by the ship and it's size. The B wing never caught my attention until now. It's really cool! I can only imagine how cool one of these looks in person.

Are these still available?

I saw the B-Wing lego and was impressed by the ship and it's size. The B wing never caught my attention until now. It's really cool! I can only imagine how cool one of these looks in person.

I would email Frank, Stormy. I put off getting one until I saw Julien's thread. I received mine last month. It is one bad-azz model! And huge!

Joe

I dont think its all that big Joe, its a nice size, and ill have to also add, its a stunning kit, wish i had the time to get into mine!

Lee

I dont think its all that big Joe, its a nice size, and ill have to also add, its a stunning kit, wish i had the time to get into mine!

Lee

Ok, huge is over-doing it, but it is big. Yeah, I'll second Lee, it's a good size and stunning. Buuuut....next to my Bluemoon B-Wing....it's HUGE!!!!! LOL! :p

Joe

Big, but not terribly accurate!! Still got to finish and paint that big old bird of mine up! But every time I see this thread I go back and mope over it. Frank and Moe did a great job on the SS build and these further additions take it a step up again. If ever we have a summer (its snowing yet again, coldest March for fifty years etc) with a few dry days maybe I 'll actually call it a day and give it an airbrushed coat. It must be at least four years old now.

Without your help TJ it would never have made it out of the packing box!!! It was only after you recast and sent me several pieces that I was actually able to start to build it. And it was your advice as to how to fix that honey combed main wing that pretty much saved that B from being just a pile of unusable resin as far as I was concerned. Like a few people here you stepped up to the mark and helped turn around a project.
But, just like ALOT of builds which are coming through this forum these last couple of years , like X wings, the Tie fighter, the Y wings and particularly the Probe droids, the more people that have studied it and worked on it, the more closer it is to the original model. I was pretty happy with my effort until I saw the kit F&M produced and Guy and now MT have "sharpened" up. Then I was less than satisfied. But I guess thats the price you pay if you want to be a studio scale modeller.Perfection or as close to it as you can get.

It's all good, I was happy to help. I just didn't want "TJs Bwing"and "Big, but not terribly accurate" to be thrown out there without some background provided. ;) I can see how one might put those to statements together and come to an incorrect conclusion. Those were not my Big, but not terribly accurate masters. I was just helping people out. :)

This is a WIP !

To be short I started to paint it lasy year but I failed :p I had to strip all the paint off, was not funny cuz it was pretty thick and glossy (dont ask why, I dundo). I tried again early this year and failed again. :) I gave another attempt yesterday and this is where I am now. Still some work to do !

Really liking that Julien, great match on the colours used, ill be watching intently. Gonna be bugging Mr Cowen too as i may kick off my build tomorrow, got the bug for this ship right now!

lee

WOW Julien!! Amazing finish on that. The colors and the accents are spot on, it looks incredibly, exactly like a studio prop!!! Great job on this!! What an inspiration!
-Sean

Thank you very much guys ! :)

Lee, cant wait to see how you're going to modd it ! :)

Still a WIP, it's very time consuming ! That's one of the studio scale model that took me the most of time to paint so far.

The pics are took with flash so the rust looks oversaturated, I will probably tone it down later ! :)

The base coat of this puppy is pure white (well that's at least what I used :) I believe that's what Bill George used too).
The painting of this model is a bit tricky :/ And unfortunatly my airbrush is old now, I cant do any more fine strokes with it, everything is done with a brush. :/
Most was done with a brush on the original though. The nose was quite tricky to get right (Im sure Im far from the original but did my best I could !)

Last edited:
Nearly missed this!!! Now that is a lovely piece of work! Got to agree with you the amount of effort it takes to get there though. You're a brave man to go for a total repaint , its hard to judge how much of an improvement you've made on it as there are no "befores" but the "afters" look superb and in terms of accuracy its the closest yet that I've seen. And you bagged all the decals too!
Its very hard to duplicate the paint work because this feels like the most "casually" painted model of all of them. The combination of brush strokes and overspraying, the close colour schemes and the fact its all a very pale palette, makes it very difficult to get done in the right order. What ever light source was used to take all the differing reference photos really makes it difficult to get the combination right but it looks like you've done it! Great work as ever there Julien.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back