F&M B-Wing, Orange conversion

I have added the front plate which is unique to the Orange B. It has a notch for the Midway turret.

bwing26.jpg

Now I finished to detail the cockpit by adding the small lights.

To recreate these bulbs, I used the tips of these Karl parts :

bwing27.jpg

Then I glued to them some wires :

bwing28.jpg

That was a tedious job, still some wires to add to the back wall but I'll do it later. :)

Some views of the finished cockpit :

bwing29.jpg

bwing30.jpg

bwing31.jpg

The pilot with original kitparts for the head and arms (used the body on my Tydirium pilots, Bill George loves Tomcat pilots ! :lol).

bwing32.jpg

I rebuilt the main guns with original kitparts and with some of the castings when I didnt know the origin of the original parts. This assembly was a casting on the real B's though. I prefer to have the Leo barrel in plastic, it'll be stronger, and one of my cat loves eat resin... (he ate the nose of my Red 4 :angry). He will probably not eat this one ! :)

bwing33.jpg

Rear area with the engines done.

bwing34.jpg

Now that looks like a B-Wing !

bwing35.jpg

Cockpit and rear cone glued. I removed the the resin armor plate and glued another one accurate to the Orange B.

bwing36.jpg

Midway turret glued, I also used original kitparts for the lower cockpit assembly.

bwing37.jpg

Thanks !

Last edited:
eh up buddy,your build looks very impressive.i`m amazed by how neat and tidy all ya work is,the time and dedication that goes into each aspect of your buildin is faultless.i`ll like to watch this one all the way through,and when i feel like something on my build cant be done,i`ll just come and have a look at yours to imspire me again..cheers peza:cool

What an absolutely faultless conversion! There's no doubt the kit is a great starting point to do either of the two versions, but the detailed progress you are making here is hugely impressive. That cabin looks superb! Brilliant find with the Shuttle nozzle as well! I had to build mine up with apoxie sculpt and alot of patience.
I thought Guys build was the best yet but this is going some way to beat even that. Still ,the kit is very well produced. I'm particularly impressed with the rear engine casting that F & M have managed, the fit and detail there looks near perfect. God i'm tempted to get one of these!

Thanks guys ! :)

I'm really happy with this model, it's just beautiful ! The B is very graceful !

I'm looking for this decal :

bwing38.jpg

Can anyone help me please ?

It's a USAF insignia for sure, I have no luck finding pics of the original decals that come in the 1/32 Tamiya Tomcat and Hasegawa F-18.

It's 1/32, no doubt ! I should have a similar USAF insignia decal in one of my 1/32 Falcon, but if I can find the right one (even if I have to print it myself), it'll be better, so anyone knows this Squadron or have the original decals and could post a high rez pic of it ?

Thanks in advance !

Here are a few examples. I cannot find one that actually says 1st tactical fighter wing, which is what I believe the decal actually says. I can't be sure due the pictures, but I think that I'm on the right track.

Thank you very much !! It looks like the 1st Tactical Wing Fighter Wing is the good one ! :)

Gonna try to draw it on Illustrator ! Thank you again ! :)

Son of a... yeah, I took them. And I do have it. Multiple angles. Why the heck did I not see it before? Maddening!!!! Sorry about that!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back