F&M B-Wing, Orange conversion

Nice decals Julien, cant speak for the accuracy, as ive not handled them to compare, but i kinda had the same problem with the Snowspeeder decals.
Anyhoo, you know i need a set of these, man, i owe you soooo bad these days :lol.

lee

Guys, some clarifications :

These have been printed on clear sheet, this means all the white stuff is clear on the decals. Not a big deal for the B-Wing has the base coat of the model is almost an off-white, and whith weathering over the decals it wont show. However Im going to print all the decals which have white in them (mainly the blason) on white decal sheet. It means you'll have to cut carefully the exact shape of the decal (the blason, not too difficult and you get 2 while only one is used on the model :) if you mess with the first one !).

Those are not printed with a home laser printer but with a professional one (thanks to my wife), it allows a better definition (the writting on the blason "1st Fighter Wing" and the white line around the crosses can be clearly read/seen while they're thinner than a hair...).

On the other hand this printer warm up A LOT I mean, my wife could only used 1/4 of the A4 decal sheet before it burns (well not really burn but the other 3/4 of the sheet are to be put in the trash). So I'm losing a lot :( This also means only a very few sets will be available and be aware that not ALL markins are included in this set because I'm going to use the one from the kit when I think they're OK to use !

Now before selling anything I have to give it a try to see if they can be used w/o any problem. :)

The color of the yellow reflecting strips is the correct hue, the greay/black strip are for the cockpit. I'm supplying more than what you need for ONE B. Of course this for the Orange one !

This is an amazing build MonsieurTox. You have the mad skills man. I just found a Hasbro Orange B-wing today and I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I don't think I could match this by any stretch but you have truly inspired me. Cheer fella.

If you want a cheap solution to the white decal problem on very small runs what I do is:
Print and extra thin outline of the decal or decal part that needs to be white.
Apply that decal first.
Hand paint a little white onto the decal
Put the main decal over the top.

Sure it ends up a little thicker, but with a coat of clear and weathering on to, it doesn't really show.

Hey Julien

You're B-Wing is coming along nicely ...

.. nicely ... who am I kidding .... it's looking FREAKING AWESOME, mate

btw .. you need to clean your inbox ... it's full again :D

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/has/images/has_f-15c_decals.jpg
Hasegawa 1/48 F15, it's marked 1985, but could give a hint.
Frank tell that, "1st. fighter wing" is airforce:
1st Fighter Wing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Could be the Revell 1/32 Phantom??

Thanks guys ! :)

I'm looking for this decal :

bwing38.jpg

Can anyone help me please ?

It's a USAF insignia for sure, I have no luck finding pics of the original decals that come in the 1/32 Tamiya Tomcat and Hasegawa F-18.

Thanks in advance !

The 1st tactical fighter wing flew f-86, f/TF-102, f-106, f-4 and b-57 from 1956 to 1970 this patch was used. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info Mark.

So it could be from the Revell F4-J (but Im not sure if it was used on rotj models ?) or from the hasegawa F-86 (used on tesb models) ?

Do we have measurements of that decal on the model...or at least estimated? It could be from a different scale kit. It looks big enough for 1/32 but I just thought I would mention it.

Joe

Do we have measurements of that decal on the model...or at least estimated? It could be from a different scale kit. It looks big enough for 1/32 but I just thought I would mention it.

Joe

Yes Joe, it's 1/32, that's why I thought about the revell F4 and the hasegawa F-86, afaik those are the only 1/32 model they used that are on Mark's list !

Julien, decal won't be in the Revell 1/32nd F4J as that was a U.S Navy aircraft, but may be found in the F4E version used by the U.S AirForce. ILM had a ton of these left over from ANH & could still be seen sitting on the shelves when 'Jedi' was being made.
Stu

Awesome Mark! Hoping to be emulating Julien here soon, got all the parts IDs i need, just need the time, really love this kit!

Lee

Hi Julien ,

Since 27 October 2012, I'm waiting this wonder and finally got it today, I will take as a reference your amazing work on this kit, I wonder if there is any list of donors this model kits that you can send me, so far I have identified the following

Airfix 1/144 Saturn V

1/72 Morser Karl
1/72 Leopold

1/32 Hornet (wings)
1/72 Vosper
1/35 Flak
1/35 Geopard
1/32 Tomcat F-14A
1/20 BT46
1/20 Lotus MKIII

thanks , I am big fan of your work

Thank you Katsu-san !!

Thanks Mark, im not sure when Revell released their F4-E ?

Cant wait what you guys Lee and Zap will do with this great kit !

Zap you can add the 1/12 312T and the 1/144 space shuttle and boosters.

Thank you Katsu-san !!

Thanks Mark, im not sure when Revell released their F4-E ?

Cant wait what you guys Lee and Zap will do with this great kit !

Zap you can add the 1/12 312T and the 1/144 space shuttle and boosters.

thanks Julien :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back