Tarkin display

Sumatra

Sr Member
I have a set of dosimeters and a Tarkin rank badge, but since I knew I'd never make a uniform I wanted to find a way to display them. I opted to make a shadow box that slightly resembles the imperial uniform. I couldn't find a real spot on gray material, but I think I found something that will work fairly well. My mother helped me with making the pockets for the dosimeters since my sewing skills are crap.

Let me know what you think?

tarkin_set.jpg

Fantastic idea and display, looks really neat :)

About the only thing I would suggest is maybe have a small pic of Cushing/Tarkin with it or next to it as an "explaination" of sorts. Personally, I'm geeky enough to know "Imperial officer", but would't have been able to guess which one.... :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(ToothTech @ Nov 12 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1356369[/snapback]</div>
Fantastic idea and display, looks really neat :)

About the only thing I would suggest is maybe have a small pic of Cushing/Tarkin with it or next to it as an "explaination" of sorts. Personally, I'm geeky enough to know "Imperial officer", but would't have been able to guess which one.... :lol
[/b]

One thing I was think I might do (still may) would be to add a plaque that has his name and his birth and death dates in the Imperial dating format. It's something I can add later. I wanted to avoid adding a picture though. I just think it will look more like a memorial if it didn't have a picture.

<div class='quotetop'>(Sumatra @ Nov 12 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]1356382[/snapback]</div>
One thing I was think I might do (still may) would be to add a plaque that has his name and his birth and death dates in the Imperial dating format. It's something I can add later. I wanted to avoid adding a picture though. I just think it will look more like a memorial if it didn't have a picture.
[/b]

Have you thought about aquiring Cushing's autograph to put with it, since you don't want add a photo?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back