Jumanji

89Forever

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got a request from planet to make a Jumanji Board. Its one of those projects I think all of us want to see come to life and certainly something I've wanted to tackle for some time.

I feel that it will still be a big challenge, as I want it to be a beautiful self/table piece that is functional. Its something that isn't impossible for me to create like it would have been a year or two ago.

I see a few others have done this as well. If you have, please feel free to weigh in (especially early on) with thoughts and ideas for routes to go or avoid.

Feel free to subscribe... I assume it will be a slow project, but one that I hope all will enjoy.

Last edited:
Board Title:​
Jumanji+Letters.bmp

Thats funny. Im taking up making a static for him too. so idk how this is going to pan out. I was thinking of making two at the same time, one for myself also.

Awesome! do you have a build thread going? If not, you are more than welcome to share this thread with me. heck even if you do, feel free to post updates here as well.

How do you plan to start this exactly? Im just curious.
And i might not be making a static for planet anymore, just for myself instead.. ill probably use my other jumanji thread for it though if needed

Sounds great everyone can benefit from sharing information on the Jumanji Board .
There was a collector a few years back who drew up some measurements similar to those I can't recall if they were taken from the original or not.

How do you plan to start this exactly?
Well the board structure is the most important and the base for everything. its mostly 1.5mm. so i'll probably go buy some half inch wood this weekend and just construct the box. While i'm at Home Depot, I'll probably check out the hinge department

I don't think the original hinges were made out of metal; but wood instead. I'm not sure how exactly i'm going to over come that, but at least here in the beginning, i'm going to go ahead and take some "creative liberties" and just find something that fits my need.

Hey, ive got some nice soft wood i plan to tackle making the tokens with. So if anyone has possible measurements, or a drawing of each side of the tokens, that would be greatly apreciated.

No photos yet, but as a verbal update, i have my board template made (in sections), and will be combining them soon.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back