Vampire Killing Kit (VKK) Help?

IAmGhostFace

Ive been thinking about making a vampire killing kit, but im not sure what is necessary inside such a kit.

could someone provide me a list of things a VKK would need and why there needed/ how they would be used?

obviously i need a bible, some form of garlic (what kind/ how do i store it?), also a stake and a mallet, what else do i need any ideas?

I think i have pics posted to an old thread. I have a few. The most basic is a suitcase with cloth over formed foam inlay with a 2 handed stake and a bottle for holy water. My favorite is an old instrument case of some sort with stakes, mallet, old prayer book, bottle of holy water, and large peter cushing-van helsing crucifix. That kit is the one that convinces children that vampires exist and we should be worried about them.

theres a few threads on here about the kits i would store garlic in oil will last for ages that way either that or make some garlic cloves from sculpey or something, maybe a reliquary (small container with a saints bone, eg chicken bone in a test tube or small bottle), a container of salt, and perhaps a few books of how to fight various beast and creatures.

Btw, I wouldn't use any real organic materials in liquid for the bottles unless you perfectly secure the corks.
My first attempt I put garlic bits in in some oil and wax sealed the cork....overnight there must have been some kind of gas buildup because it popped the wax and cork off.

I want it to be a working kit. So no fake garlic or anything like that....and im using modern bottles so corks arnt an issue. Thanks for your help so far. Ill check out those links once i get to a computer.

I want it to be a working kit. So no fake garlic or anything like that....and im using modern bottles so corks arnt an issue. Thanks for your help so far. Ill check out those links once i get to a computer.

A 'working kit'? With no 'fake' items? So this is to actually be used to hunt down and eliminate vampires?

You've come to a prop-making website. If you want "functional" rather than "prop" you may need to try the forum on some militia or religious group's webpage. Or, perhaps, a mental health professional?

Lol. I am not in the middle of a vampire invasion or anything. But in my mind the best prop is a functioning one. Would you rather have the body of a batmobile or a working batmobile?
So yes, i want real garlic and real holy water.

Now I feel bad. Because my last post was entirely intended as a light-hearted jab, and now I've got to go all serious....

If I were making one myself (and I actually would really love to do so one day) I'd be going along with you on the idea of real better than fake. Real dagger? Absolutely. Real antique pistol? without a doubt (although that does cause a minor concern about concealed weapons laws). Real garlic? Yup.

Not real Holy water, though.

To anyone who is not a believer, there is absolutely no difference between Holy water and tap water. To anyone who IS a believer - using a sacred object to make a novelty item is, well, sacreligious.

Don't worry man. I took your post as a joke. Just had to prove a point in my responce. Lol. I don't see a point in having a vkk without holy water. But holy water is a little hard to get your hands on. I think i can technicaly make holy water because im a priest. But ill have to check.

Last edited:
Btw. I don't view it as sacriligious. Because what the diffrence between keeping holy water in my cabnet then keeping it in a box with a bible. Cross and rossery? If the water was needed to give someone a blessing i wouldn't hesitate to take it out of the box and use it for the lords work.

In that case, I'm sure it will be okay.

And yes, I'd presume anyone who is a priest is able to create Holy Water.

I believe this: Holy Water - ReligionFacts
is an accurate explaination of the Catholic ritual (not being Roman Catholic myself, I'm only able to say that I'm reasonably certain it is accurate).

make sure to sterilise any containers, the baby bottle fluid (miltons is the brand of choice here in the uk) should do the trick then store the garlic in oil should last a fair while failing that you could always try to dehydrate the garlic cloves low and slow in a oven with the door open a crack

Here is a photo I tracked down of one of mine.

vkit3.jpg

It is completely functional. The first real vampire I slew with it was crafty and claimed fairly vehemently he was actually human. I said "Just what I expected from a vampire, Mr Vampire," then went on with the ghastly business at hand. Of note, if you are unable to find Holy Water or find it sacreligeous to use, West Texas tap water works well and will even burn normal flesh.

Doc

Last edited:
There was also an episode of Auction Kings which had one as well...it sold for $12K

Anyhow, this was the first one I made. After making it I thought it was just too big and bulky, so I sold it on Ebay a few manths back.
kit2.jpg

The second Kit I made I wanted to be smaller and more faithful to the popular Blomberg style kits which are commonly seen in museums -
vampkitb2.jpg

vampkitb4.jpg

The third kit, same style as the Blomberg kit, but with green velvet and only a single level of compartments -
IMG_1906.jpg

Heres a pretty cool site which has a nice collection of info and images of various Vamp kits -

http://spookylandcrypt.webs.com/kits.html

And here is Ripleys collection of Vamp kits -

http://www.ripleysnewsroom.com/vampires/

Last edited:
I love Vampire Kits and Pat has made some really amazing ones!

I've finally started on my own Vampire Kit which will be the first of two very different VKKs. Both of which will take a slightly different approach than the typical kits you see these days.

First up, is a kit designed for the "distinguished gentleman" - a high ranking royal, military official or something of similar ilk. All items in the kit will be period antiques of very high quality. It is intended to be a very high end kit that only someone of wealthy, royal or otherwise prominent stature would potentially own during the turn of the 20 century; or perhaps earlier.

I've got my box (which started out as a catholic last rites box) and am currently sourcing inventory for it. My first item (a bible) is due to arrive any day now! :thumbsup

I'll start a build thread as it starts coming together. Pat, I'll be hitting you up with all kinds of questions in the very near future, I'm sure. :thumbsup

very nice pictures guys, thanks for all the tips. i need to track down some wood for the stake. i found garlic pills. so i think im going to use those in addition to some other form of garlic. garlic powder maybe?

I took a try at a couple of Vampire Kits..
Here is what I produced for my first 2 attempts, they are simple but very economical when compared to some of the more complicated ones.
VamKit1.jpg

VamKit.jpg

VamKit2.jpg

VamKit3.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back