Babylon 5 Costumes from Warner Bros (Lots O' Pics)

I went to this exhibit a couple of weeks ago, and practically the next day was in JoAnn looking for fabric for the Army of Light uniform (I'm trying to do Susan's, but I'm using Sheridan's from the exhibit to source the fabrics) without actually expecting to find anything except maybe black suiting, and stumbled across the EXACT fabric used for G'kar's gauntlets (and parts of his costume), minus the distressing. It's "Emu Wheat" and it's in the utility fabrics section. Goes for $29.99 a yard and I took a picture of the price tag (only my phone doesn't want to let me download it at the moment) so if anyone needs the exact product number, I can give it to them.

Last edited:
I went to this exhibit a couple of weeks ago, and practically the next day was in JoAnn looking for fabric for the Army of Light uniform (I'm trying to do Susan's, but I'm using Sheridan's from the exhibit to source the fabrics) without actually expecting to find anything except maybe black suiting, and stumbled across the EXACT fabric used for G'kar's gauntlets (and parts of his costume), minus the distressing. It's "Emu Wheat" and it's in the utility fabrics section. Goes for $29.99 a yard and I took a picture of the price tag (only my phone doesn't want to let me download it at the moment) so if anyone needs the exact product number, I can give it to them.

I would like the product number please. Also, great pics. First B5 was featured in the Galaxy gear watchphone commercial, now this! B5 is the greatest science fiction/fantasy show ever (buffy's a close second). thanks for these details.

I would like the product number please. Also, great pics. First B5 was featured in the Galaxy gear watchphone commercial, now this! B5 is the greatest science fiction/fantasy show ever (buffy's a close second). thanks for these details.

I wish I could take credit for the pics, but those aren't mine! I took some too, but my hand isn't as steady so they didn't turn out as well. *g*

There are two numbers on the tag (for the G'kar fabric), one of which is a longer version of the other so I'll give you that first:

I think that's the SKU, since it was under the barcode. If that doesn't work, try adding an 8 in front of all the zeroes, and if that doesn't work, shorten it to:

Good luck! Hope JoAnn in your area has it too! :)

Holy cow, me too! So much for the story that Kosh was destroyed by the crew after filming; there he is. Unless they had two, I guess, or it was Ulkesh that was destroyed. Wonderful; easily the best ref I've seen. I'll have to sculpt a new helmet for my suit, to replace the one I wrecked accidentally. Anyway, thanks a ton! :thumbsup

Kosh and Evil Kosh are in Private collections

Holy cow, me too! So much for the story that Kosh was destroyed by the crew after filming; there he is. Unless they had two, I guess, or it was Ulkesh that was destroyed. Wonderful; easily the best ref I've seen. I'll have to sculpt a new helmet for my suit, to replace the one I wrecked accidentally. Anyway, thanks a ton! :thumbsup

Thanks for all the comments guys. All the pictures well taken with my cell phone as I didn't have an actual camera at the time. Now that I have an actual camera, I'm wanting to go back to get better pictures. If there's anything that you'd like more or better close ups of, let me know. Things that immediately come to mind are Londo's buttons, Sheridan's B5 patch and belt, Delenn's sparkly thing, and just more Kosh.

If anyone has any interest in seeing this exhibit - you have until Sunday! They are taking down ALL of the Warner Brothers items in the collection. Babylon 5, Freinds, Smallville, Big Bang Theory - anything and everything Warner Brothers will be removed on Sunday (which is most of the exhibit).

I heard about them removing the items while at Comic Con. Just called, and they confirmed it's all going away.

Hey, just wanted to add my two cents to this thread. Not my pictures--I think the ones here are generally better than mine and more thorough anyway *g* (although if anyone wants to see them, I can share)--but I also got to attend the "Art of Babylon 5" event at the Egyptian Theater the weekend after Comic-Con, and got to talk to the costume designer. A couple of things she told me:

1. All of Delenn's fabrics are silk, most of them vintage silks purchased from Beverly Hills Silk & Woolens. This store no longer exists; their remaining stock was purchased by International Silks & Woolens, but according to Anne (I think that was her name?), none of the ones she used are left in that stock. The solid fabric is a silk charmeuse, the others are a mix of brocades and other styles.
2. She frequently used the reverse side of fabrics to give them a more alien look. Delenn's...shoot, I forgot the name of it. The vest/over-tunic thing? Is one of those. It's the reverse side of a brocade.
3. Yep, she definitely used a lot of upholstery fabrics. She and the prop guys actually told a funny story together, where they were designing a new sofa for Londo's quarters and had to scrap it because she'd already used the fabric for one of Vir's vests. (At which point JMS chimed in that he wished they'd told him, they could've kept the sofa and he would've just written it into the show: Londo and friends are bragging about their fashion sense and Vir just looks down at the sofa--which he matches--and sighs. *g*)

Also, this isn't related to the Egyptian event, but the bumpy fabric from G'Kar's gauntlets? Is still available at JoAnn. It's a utility fabric called "Emu Wheat" and it's $29/yard. Also, you can get scarab decorations IDENTICAL to the ones on Londo's coat on Etsy, in silver or gold so there are versions available for both coats.

Apologies in advance if this isn't new information, but I wanted to share it just in case.

Anne Bruice Aling is her name.

I had a few conversations with her while the show was in Production, she was always helpful and very kind.

Azar and Apollo, thanks for all your info.

I managed to get to the Paley Center the day before the display was to be taken down. I used a much better camera and have a few hundred photos of the cosutmes at much higher resolution. They also allowed me to take video, and so I took advantage of that. I took super slow video panning of front, back and sides as close as my camera would allow without touching the costumes. 7 minutes of Kosh, 5 of G'Kar, 3 minutes of Londo. Not so much of Delenn, and none of Sheridan. I also got pics and video of a Centauri Guard Pistol, as well as the listening device that was planted in Londo's groceries. I'll put the videos on Youtube in the next day or so and I'll post the links here.

I also have pics and vid of an alien mask and a model ship used in the original V series. I'll check to see if there's a thread on that.

All I did was post some fading memories I had. :lol

Once again thank you for all the beautiful detailed Pics. :thumbsup

I hope these are archived they need to be.

Great maker it has been over 20 years since this great show came on

I love those pictures. I wish I had had them when I made my Kosh. It is too late to update mine for this years con, but I'm thinking I'll be updating mine for next year.

*HUGE Babylon 5 fan*

*Drools*

:D

Edit: I grew up watching Babylon 5, i must have seen each episodes half a dozen times... man i miss that show... One of my favorite shows, ever...

Last edited:
Check around I have seen the dvd sets go for as little as 10 bucks a season.

I grew up watching Babylon 5, i must have seen each episodes half a dozen times... man i miss that show... One of my favorite shows, ever...

Like others said, I know this was posted quite a long time ago but thanks so much! Been watching the show again as we speak and I wanted to start a Sheridan build.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back